Introduction

After fifteen years of struggling I just came to accept that my life should be ordinary when extraordinary things began to happen. The first of these came as a horrible shock and like anything that can change your life forever, it splits my life into two halves... Before & After. And like many of the extraordinary things to come, it involved powers, special abilities that only few had.

As I grew up, My Mother was the most fascinating person I knew. She lived her life and grew up in the royal palace, knew everything about weapons and self-defense, speaking six different languages and so close to her people. It all seemed great to achieve for a woman who didn't exceed thirty.

Since I was eight, as this is the furthest period I can recall, mother used to regale me stories about mysterious islands and forbidden kingdoms and magical forests and powerful people, telling them like secrets that could be entrusted only by me and nobody else, like I had something specializing me from others which was great but it didn't go on that way.

Anyways, I felt cheated when I realized that my mother's best stories couldn't possibly be true. what a shame!!

Yet her best stories were about the old castle of Bluveneu or the fallen kingdom as I once heard. It was an enchanted place, she said, surrounded with every true royals' guardian angels, designed to keep the unwanted safe. I also read once that it was built by the great duke of Drouria, who used to be one of the strongest men living, he was feared by many but loved by more. As I got older, though, I began to have doubts.

Time went by, and I got older and my mother's stories faded away from my memories, and here I am now, the 21-year-old Hope, princess of Voltoria, and here is my story.....