The Love Triangle

"I was alone in a room, in a big castle...There were many portraits on the walls, the faces I cannot remember..." Y/N narrated with intensity in her eyes. Her eyebrows were pinched together as she shifted to be more comfortable in the velvet armchair. "I walked to the closest door, which led me to a long corridor. Standing at the other end was a shadow of a man. He was just standing there, like a statue, so I called for his help and started running to get to him, but no matter how hard I tried I always stayed in the same spot. Then suddenly, I fell down into a big black hole...just keep falling...falling...until I see them again...two flames in a pair of green eyes."

"Wow..." her best friend Jason finally spoke to break the silence she left for him. "And then you woke up?"

"Yes." She sighed. "My dreams, they always ended that way."

"Are you sure those are the eyes in the King's portrait?" Jason questioned and she could see the obvious doubt in his facial expression. He either thought she'd been doing drugs or she was just out of her mind. However, the fear she had after waking up told her she had never been more sane.

"I'm 100% sure!" Y/N asserted. "There's still one more thing I haven't told you."

"What's that?"

"Harry Styles' got the same pair of eyes."

"Harry, your boss?" Jason tilted his head down and raised both eyebrows as he stared at his best friend in disbelief. She didn't reply with words, just gave him a slight shrug in return.

"Y/N..." he began. "Are you seriously telling me your boss is the reason you're having these spooky dreams every night, and that he's somehow related to the king who died like five centuries ago?"

"Look...I'm not joking, I'd never had those dreams before I started working for him." Now not only did she sound completely crazy, she also sounded obsessive.

"Maybe you're just stressed that's all. Being a celebrity's personal assistant is a difficult job," Jason assumed, giving his friend a smile. "Do you wanna go grab a coffee?"

Y/N exhaled exhaustedly and rose from the chair, leaving Jason a bit disappointed, knowing beforehand that his offer had been declined. "Nope, sorry. I have a meeting with Harry's team to discuss his next tour."

"This is exactly what I was talking about! Your life has been all about Harry Styles for the past month, he's driving you insane."

"Well, the man does pay me to follow him everywhere so..." She paused and lifted her shoulders slightly "...if he's driving me insane, so be it."

Jason knew too well he couldn't convince her to quit her job for her mental health, so he just stayed quiet and watched her head to her room to get changed.

"Y/N?" He spoke after a while.

"Hmm?" She hummed, her voice was muffled behind her closed door.

"I'm sorry about the kiss..."

Silence.

"I'm glad you decided to forgive me. I won't do it again."

He was holding his breath while waiting for a response (if she was going to give him one). Maybe he should not have brought up this topic and just felt grateful to be the first person she'd call for help.

Y/N exited her bedroom shortly after, wearing a white blouse and her favorite pair of high-waisted jeans. She stood at the door with her hands on her hips and shot him a smile.

"Jason, you're my best friend. I love you but only as a friend."

"I know..."

"I don't want to ruin this friendship we have."