Under New Management

Surfer's Paradise. A high-end hotel that attracts patrons of all sorts, with the majority of said patrons being surfers, for the beautiful beach and its surroundings that the owner had picked out. In the summer time, most it would say it looked like it was at its best, especially to five of the workers at the resort. Most would love more than anything to use their time to ride the waves than work, something that they were doing as much as they could get. Despite the group of friends working there for the last two years, this third year that they would be working seemed the be the start of what felt like something new, as they were full time workers, at least for a couple of months for some.

"The work sucks, but the money is good. You have to admit that." Fin McCloud said. "A ritzy place like that can afford it."

"If only one person could ease off of us it would be a whole lot better." Added Broseph, feeling that he didn't need to say any names.

"And, like give us less stress and hours. You-know-who is the LAST type of person I wanna become." Said Reef "We all know that the sun and waves wait for no one around here."

The three of them arrived at the hotel a couple of weeks prior and managed to find a place in the small tourist town not too far from the hotel. A few days later the fourth of the group of friends arrived; Emma Farlie, the Alberta girl who two years earlier, did not know the first thing about surfing. Slowly learning how to be a part of the surfing community in the small couple of months that they were together, slowly getting much better as the years got on.

"Hey guys! What's up?" Emma said chipperly, running up to the others.

The four were standing outside what looked like a small theater, waiting for Kahuna to pick them up in the very tacky killer whale bus.

"Finally. What kept you?" Fin asked

"I lost track of time." Answered Emma

"You lost track of time?" Asked Reef, an air of disbelief in his voice. "Out of everyone here, you're the one that's the early bird."

A snort came from Broseph and Fin merely rolled her eyes, while Emma gave a small blush and looked down at the comment that was made. The past couple of weeks definitely taught them that Emma was an easy natural early riser.

"Even our girl Emma has nothing on Johnny." Commented Broseph "That man was up at the crack of dawn, I swear."

"Only because he's a crazy person." Reef brought up. "He's pretty uptight, you've gotta admit that."

The group sighed in agreement at what Reef said. He wasn't that far off, they had to admit. Like the group, he got a house in the small town and got up very early and drove himself into work every day. Getting that job as the front desk guy, for lack of a better term, didn't have too much room for promotions, and less chance of raises, but they admitted that Johnny was dedicated, much too dedicated for their liking. The group was silent for a few moments, seeing the tacky bus roll around the corner to pick them up for their first official day back and orientation, despite their 'seniority' and experience at this point. Mostly admitting that their relationship got somewhat better with most of the other senior workers, although the most senior worker, Rosie, was the probably the most on their side since the start, other than Kahuna. More than likely knowing that they were going through a really at the start. When the bus's doors opened, the tried to flash Kahuna a smile as they boarded the think for their metaphorical doom, feeling the smiles coming off as a smirk as Kahuna gave a worried eyebrow raise. Turning to the group after they took their seats, mostly near the back.

"Hey there my dudes. What's the matter?" Kahuna asked
"Doom and it's master for starters." Fin offered.
"As well as facing a potentially stressed out friend of ours." Reef added
"I see." Said Kahuna. Instantly getting who was who from those brief answers. "Start of a third year of some downer things brings the spirit down I know, but I have a feeling that this year will be the most interesting time of your job lives here."
"And you would know this how?" Asked Broseph with extreme doubt.
"Dreams." Kahuna stated as if that made all the sense in the world. Turning to the drivers' wheel "Trust me on this one gang, this one gave me some good vibes."