A Daughter?

You were very much wrong

It was becoming abundantly clear what you were as he never attempted to apologize. When he went for his three days— he spent them with the boys. It was fine. You would curl up outside of your bed in a chair or fur as to not sleep in that awkward bed knowing that Ivar saw you as one thing only.

A womb for sons.

Kitta was his one true love— and Ragnhild had been wrong. Ivar didn't love you. He wanted to possess you. Now, he had. You tried your best to just... stay quiet like he said. Kitta noticed too.

"You don't want Ivar this weekend?" She asks while working her loom. You sit stitching your husband's overtunics, making him a new brown one with a spiraling stitches. Ragnhild slipped off to cook while Uxi sped in and out from her area to yours.

You are cut short when one of your boys doddles up to you. Veifnr was holding some sort of wooden box, shaking it stubbornly as if to make it make more noise. The box is louder than he is, several rageful shakes rattling the contents.

"What is it Veifnr?" You hold out your hand. Veifnr hands you the box with the picks included which Ivar used to get about when off his crutch.

"You stole your father's things." You chuckle while setting them onto the table "He'll be so pleased."

Veifnr drops beside you taking out the wooden blocks piece by piece. Your attention shifts back to your wayward sister wife.

"After he sees the boys— he can go with you." You say preferring a bed to sleep on. Kitta tilts her head, disbelieving. All the words she spilled in his ear had worked? Or was it something else entirely? Lately, it is as if she hardly needed to work you to get you to leave Ivar. It was automatic.

"You used to fight me with tooth and claw for him. What changed... is he not worth it now?"

You stay quiet a moment. "It is my fault for thinking I could be happy with another woman's husband." You say as you look to the glittering ring on your fingers. A new one. Ivar fashioned one of garnet for you, attempting to apologize for what he had called you. To you, it symbolized something else entirely.

That he owned you. That was as deep as it went.

"What is it with Veifnr?" Ivar says.

Your little boy is unlike his older brother. Uxi is a confident little boy, helping his father by pulling his weight in sharpening his tools for the upcoming raid. The boy grew too fast for you-- at no more than five, he was helping his father like any man would. Meanwhile, Veifnr was a little boy that had no preference for his father. He clung to your breast, even at two, drank of milk and had no interest in his father.

"What do you mean, what is it?" You ask while Veifnr lay in your arms upon the bed. Your arms had gone sore as you looked to place him down in his bed.