16

~
colby's pov

today was my trial in court. i know i wasn't going to get out of here either way but i might get at least under the regular charge in jail which is 20 years.

i never meant to like kidnap her.. well i did but i wanted her to myself and i should've realized what i did wrong sooner.

"cole brock." i heard a police officer say as the jingle of keys rang through my ears. i looked up seeing him unlock my cell with hand-cuffs.

" i just kidnapped someone, not fucking tortured them." i scoffed walking over.

"yeah yeah. save it for the court."

you see why i hate cops? fucking rude.

you should strangle this one.

say one more thing and i'll shoot myself in the head.

you would never..

i would. now fuck off until i'm done with the trial.

i realized that i said that a bit out loud making the police officer look at me wrong. i looked back down after seeing the confused and serious face he made me.

we walked through the halls that smelled like a lot of cleaning supplies and laundry soap. the sun shined through the area that had windows, rather than those old rusty cells. he shoved me more as i walked slower admiring the place, making me growl a bit and eyes turn dark.

-
your pov

"well, anything?" your mother asked you. you sat at the dining room table not taking in what she was saying. the only thing on your mind was colby and only him. "y/n."

"what? sorry it's just-"

"that boy isn't it?" she sighed at you. her hands on the table as she tilted her head.

"yeah. look mom i know it's weird and all-" you paused as you got up and walked over. "but i gained a relationship with this boy."

"what? did his cellar have a nice wall with his face all over it?" she said getting a bit frustrated.

"i actually WASN'T in his cellar." you said calmly.

"so you fucked him?"

"did i say i did?!" you gasped.

she stayed quiet, just staring at me. "that boy is not good for you and he won't be welcomed into his family." she walked back over to the dishes that were in the sink and started to clean. your mom stress cleans and it gets you a bit anxious whenever she does that.

you walk upstairs to your room, texting shania to come over. she saw you yesterday night when your mother called hers. let's just say it was an emotional night.
————

you:
come over now please..

shania:
omw
————

you set your phone on your bed and just lay there, staring up at the ceiling for what felt like hours.

a small knock came onto your door making you tell whoever it was (most likely shania) to come in. you sat up once you heard the door open seeing shania walk through.

"hey.. your mom said you were pretty upset and got in an argument." she slightly smiled. she closed the door plopping on the bed next to you. you both now laying down.

"it's about colby isn't it?" she asked. you just nod putting your hands over your eyes not wanting to cry over a boy that you know both your family and friends absolutely hate. she sat up, criss crossed, and stared down at you. "well maybe he'll be good for you." she mumbled playing with your blankets.

you set your hands down, "yeah? and how will everyone take that?"

"oh come on, don't be so negative."

"well i am shy. everyone only knows him for 'kidnapping' me."

"well i mean he did do that." she slightly laughed. you sit up hitting her shoulder a bit, in a joking manner. you lay back on the big stuffed bear you got when you were 14. shania laying with you.

"but i developed a relationship with this kid, no one understands that." you say getting upset, putting your hands on your head.

"hey hey.. listen." shania popped up too, "don't worry. i mean he seems like someone who would protect you for the way he kept you.. and didn't kill you."

-
colby's pov

"we would now have cole brock in the stand." the judge said. my head shot up from looking and playing with my chains around my hands and feet. the orange suit they gave me was slightly uncomfortable.. mostly near the crotch area.

better say some dumb shit.

"shut up." i growled. the cop grabbed me by the arm and dragged me over to the stand, sitting me down then standing next to my podium.

"cole robert brock had convicted a kidnapping. a life sentence will not be promoted to this." she paused hitting the small thing on her desk with that stupid little hammer.

you just wanna grab it out of her hands and hit her upside the head millions of times don't you? say it colby, you do?

i do.

-