Dressing To Survive

(A/n: thanks for all the reads.)

"Dad, that's a terrible idea. I am an amateur." I say trying to persuade him to not hire me as a personal slave.

I would go down on my knees but I guess I have some self respect.

"No, dad that is an amazing idea. Plus this would allow us to bond." Jas says.

Bond? What the hell is she saying?I'd rather walk on a tight rope all the way around the Grand Canyon. I don't want to work for her. I know why she wants to do this so that she can order me around. I thought she would agree with me on at least this matter. Or probably her temptation to marry Nick overcomes her sheer hatred for me.

"Ugh! Dad this isn't even fair." I say in my mind.

But obviously on the outside I say something like "Well if she is okay with it then I will do it."

"And one more thing, Nick has organized a trip to India. We leave in a month." Jas says so fast that it's hard to make out a head or tail about her sentence.

"Yes, we are planning to visit Mumbai, Jaipur, Agra and Shimla." Harry pipes in innocently.

Dad actually freaking smiled. I guess he does love his family in India very much. I've been there only a couple of times.

"Everyone will be coming and my parents have also taken a leave. Though they will be joining us a bit later." Nick says hopefully.

He nods excitedly and I almost die of reproach.

"Wicked"

"Awesome"

"Lovely"

Those were the response of my family and believe or not my dad thought the two families would be able to bond over this trip.

+

Harry and Nick left a short time later and I am flooded with relief because now I would be able to call Taylor, my really good friend. I had met her over summer when she had transferred to L.A to work in my branch of the wedding planning company. She was originally from New York. But she wasn't exactly my type.

"I don't even know what to do anymore. Planning weddings is fun just hope I don't plan her murder on the way." I say to her as I ramble about the many problems I have with my family. Just as I am about to tell her about Nick I hear a soft knock against my wooden door.

"Give me a minute." I murmur into the phone and put it against my shoulder so she wouldn't hear my conversation.

"Come in." I say and unbelievingly Jas walks in with all her sassiness and sashaying.

"I'll call you later." I say my good bye and hang up.

"This better be good Jasmine." I say sitting down on my bed and waiting for another one of Jas' fruitful tales.

"I really like Nick." She says.

"That would explain the fact that you are marrying him." I say,already growing tired of this conversation.

"Just listen,okay? I want you to plan my wedding because I actually like your work. This trip to India is to establish the fact that Nick is a smart and sensible guy. I just don't want this trip to be all about someone else. It's about us..." She trails off.

"Okay I get it. I just don't think it would be a good idea for me to work for you. It seems pretty clear that you are just doing this to get into dad's good books." I say,now growing a bit impatient because this conversation was leading nowhere.

When I talk to someone I expect them to be done with what they are saying in a couple of minutes because I do have a shit load of work to do.

"No why would you even think that?" She asks awestruck.