Scarlet's reveal

"Well Sarah congratulations, Scarlet will be having a rare birth." The vet said to Sarah, "How many " Sarah asked confused, "Scarlet will be having triplets 2 girls and 1 boy, so make sure she has lots of food, water, and bedding and no more carrots until their  born because if you give a pregnant mare carrots during their pregnancy it will cause a defect in the foal's eyesight which may cause blindness or nearsightedness" Dr.  Ava explained to Sarah. "Oh ok I understand Dr. Ava, sorry Scar, looks like your only allowed to eat apples, hay, and oats for 11 months" Sarah said towards her horse and the vet.
              ************
That night at supper, Sarah decided to break the news to her parents. "Mom, Dad I have some excited news about Scarlet" Sarah said excitedly, Well what is it Darling?" Mrs. Whitney asked. "Scarlet's pregnant and please, please, please, pleeeeaase don't sell her." Sarah pleaded her parents looked at their daughter with shock, "Where on earth did you hear about that were going to sell Scarlet, she's been with you since she was a filly herself and you 3 years old. You two are inseparable Sarah" Mr. Whitney said " But I thought you were going to sell Scarlet" Sarah said "No we were talking about getting a temporary horse for you until Scarlet can be ridden again once the foals are born.
" Oh what type of horse?" Sarah asked curious of the temporary horse, "He is an Arabian/Kiger Mustang mix named Puma, Scarlet's younger brother" Mrs. Whitney explained Sarah sat there dumbfounded. "Scarlet has a brother?"