Chapter 7

That word was probably the worst word I've ever said in my life. Because I said this, Emily is going to remember her past. She'd also know that I lied. I had to tell her, it was a part of my plan.

"What? You..." She said as she slapped me across the cheek. Honestly, I deserved that. "...you lied to me?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"I did. I only lied because I thought it would make you hang out with me." I answered.

"I apparently didn't even have a boyfriend when I lost my memories. I really did fall in love with you, but I never would have thought that you would lie to me for 3 years."

"I'm sorry Emily." I was starting to cry. "I just wanted to date someone as kind and beautiful as you."

She had no response after that. She only sat down on the other bed across from me. "I'll give you a second chance Brendan, but only if you do one thing for me."

"What?"

"Start telling me why you thought lying to me was a good idea."

This would be harder to say than even just saying her name. "I lied because I didn't think someone as pretty as you would ever have wanted to date me. I lied because I was afraid that you would say no if I asked you. I lied...because I never had luck with girls."

"What do you mean?" She looked more concerned than angry now, but I knew she was still mad.

"I asked at least twenty girls at my school, when I was young, to go out with me, but they all refused. Said I was dangerous. I never knew what they meant by that until I met the CED."

"Because your parents were the original captains, the original creators of the CED."

"Exactly." At this point I covered my eyes with my hands in tears. Emily put her hand on my lap.

"It's O.K Brendan...I'll be by your side no matter what." That comment made me smile. H had walked out of the bathroom in a towel after that sentence. Emily got up off the bed and pointed her pistols at H which she got off of the table where the TV was. I was completely scared and surprised.

"Put your hands in the air Mr. Parker!" She yelled.

"You told her?!" H yelled at me. I had no idea what was going on. H put his hands in the air and the towel fell. That's an image i will never get out of my brain.

"O.K, put your towel back on and put one hand in the air and the other keeping the towel up." said Emily blinding her eyes. H did just that.

"Can you guys please tell me what's going on here?"

"She's a cop, B. She's been after me ever since I broke out of prison." H answered.