Hearing His Voice

I’m staring at the glass of my window. There’s a reflection on it. My reflection. I watched as it started to transform into a larger reflection. Leaving my lips in the shape of ‘O’, the reflection turned into Zayn’s reflection. I looked around. No. he wasn’t anywhere around. Then I looked at the glass again. It was my reflection again. Oh my god! What’s got into me? I’m so confused.

“No, you’re not.” A voice said in my head.

“What? Who are you?” I cried.

“I’m Zayn.”

“Zayn? What are you doing there in my head?”

“I told you to call me. But you didn’t. So I thought that we could talk this way.”

“Um. Now you’re just being creepy! How can we talk this way? And how hell is this happening? I’m so confused!”

“No, you’re not as I said before.” He said in a calm voice.

“What do you mean? Do you, yourself have any explanation of what’s happening? It’s just CRAZY!”

“No, it’s not. It’s called love.”

“What? Is that you saying that?”

“Yes, it’s me. Believe what you hear.”

“But how can I?”

“Have you studied on the last lecture tonight?”

“What? No, I haven’t. But why are you asking this?”

“Why haven’t you?”

“Well, I can’t concentrate. I thought it’s just a waste of time sitting with all those books opened in front of me when I don’t understand a damn thing! That’s why.” I shrugged.

“Why can’t you concentrate? Tellme.” he queried.

“Because all I can ever think about now is … wherever I look, I see… whatever I hear is…”

“Is…?”

I gave up, “YOUR VOICE!! You’re everywhere, ZAYN!! EVERYWHERE!!”

“And why is that?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, then let me tell you. Laila, you’re in love!”

“That’s just stupid of you to think that.”

“I know what I’m saying.”

“No. You don’t. It’s totally insane! You’re nuts!”

“Okay, if you don’t believe me then listen to your heart. What does it say?”

“What?”

“Ask you’re heart if you’re in love with Zayn Malik.”

“Okay! Now I’ll talk to my heart!” I made a face and acted as if I was really talking to someone, “Hello, Mr. Heart! Do you hear me? I want an answer. Do I love Zayn Malik?”

To my astonishment another voice echoed in the room, “Yes, you do.”

“See? Told you.” Zayn’s voice said again, “You didn’t believe me. Now do you believe that you’re really in love with me?”

“Guess so.” I stared at my feet. I didn’t have anything to say, so struck I was by the whole situation.

“Why didn’t you call me then?” Zayn’s voice asked me.

“I don’t know. I guess, I was just scared.” I replied.

“Scared of what?”

“I was scared that you might not pick up the phone and it’d hurt me. And I might not like you anymore.”

“What made you think so? I mean, I was the one who gave you my number. Because I wanted you to call me. I wanted to talk to you.”

“You’re a busy guy. It could happen that you might not have time for me…”

“That’s what I call crazy! By the way, I know that you want to dislike me now.”

“You do?”

“Yes.”

“How?”

“It’s obvious. My thoughts keep your mind engaged. You can’t study. It’s not good for you. So you might try to forget me. And you can’t do that until you hate me.”

“That’s true.”

“Then why are you scared of being hurt by me?”

I looked up at the ceiling and stared, “Actually, I don’t know why.” I mumbled.

“Yes, you do.”

“I do?”

“Yes. It’s because you love me and you want me to love you too. You expect me not to hurt you.”

“That’s sort of true too! SO many thoughts going through my head now! I’m feeling hazy!”

“Well, I think you should go to bed now. We’ll talk about this tomorrow, ‘kay?”

“Okay, I guess.”

“Then I’ll leave you alone now. Good night.”

“Wait, Zayn!” I stopped him.

“What?”

“So, I was thinking… is it possible that you … um … like me too, in some sort of way?” I hesitated as I asked him this.

Zayn’s voice made a chuckling noise and then replied, “Yes, I do. I like you too … in a way.”

I smiled at this, “Thanks, Zayn. That’s gonna help me calm down my mind.”

“I know.”

“Well, see you tomorrow then.”

“Alright. Good bye.”

“Good bye.” I flopped down on my bed and pulled the duvet over me. I’m going to have a sound sleep now.