The Oujia Board Portal

On a nice little ranch lived a twelve year-old girl and her sixty year-old grandparents, all living a humble life with their horses. However this would soon begin to change.

The girl, Layla, was never allowed to wander to far off into the fields, for her grandparents would remind her they need to keep an eye on her for her own safety. "Animals are unpredictable!" They would tell her. Of course she brush it off and reassure them that she'd be fine and that she'd find something else to keep her busy that wouldn't be in the fields.

Generally she'd find puzzles or play a boared game, maybe even knit with her grandmother or fix things with her grandfather. Though, today she got the need to go up to the loft in the barn, and grab a certain board.

Grandma always told her to stay out of the loft, though Layla never knew why. So, with that said, she decided to find out.

She shoved many old saddles, saw horses, and other equipment out of the way before she finally got to the old dusty board game.

She dragged it down with her to a clear area hidden behind the tractor in the back of the old barn. It was a black box with a thin white line bordering it. In the middle in cursive, it said, "Ghost Land". She grew more curious as the seconds went on, so she opened it.

It was rather small, but that just made it easier for her to maneuver around it behind the tractor. She put both hands on its diamond shaped slide, and said, "Hello?"

She felt an odd energy begin to build around her, and before she knew it, she was sucked in through the slide's glass hole which was no long transparent. It was as black as the night.

She fell down into a dark abyss, screaming, not knowing the difference between real or not real, and just kept falling. Her braided long hair flew beside her, whipping back and forth.

Suddenly, she hit a soft bottom. She was greeted by a robotic voice. "Welcome. Define your species."

(Chapters will get longer. This is only the beginning...)