Chapter 1

Andrea smiled as she looked at herself once more in the mirror. She was wearing a red tube dress that perfectly showed her curves. She wore her long brown wavy hair down. She applied a little portion of make up and she believed she was good to go.

Andrea considered herself as vain—vain that has limitations.

“She’s known for being almost everything. The perfect girl. The girl who gained tons of medals, tons of love and friends and of course, tons of boys.” someone said as she entered the beautiful hall filled with posters from her highschool years. She smiled as she heard the remark of the man on stage. “Despite all the popularity and love, she was so down to earth. And I believe she still is.” Everyone laughed, “She is truly a beauty inside and out. Andrea Vander-Woodsen.”

Andrea went to her designated seat and saw her highschool friends.

“Wow, it’s like you never aged.” Tanya said.

“It has only been 7 years, Tanya.” Andrea said, “You all still look great.”

“Well yes, we know that. But not like you though, you’re still incredibly gorgeous. Untouched gorgeous, if you know what I’m saying.” Andrea just smiled as a response, “It’s hard to believe you’re still not married.”

Everyone in the table agreed to Tanya.

“Don’t you remember me saying that I didn’t want to get married early?” everyone exchanged glances.

Katie raised her hand excitedly like a child, “Oh I remember that! You said you wanted to get married after you turn 27 but you changed your mind when you started dating Will.”

“Right. William Bolton. Captain of the football team.” Beatrice said reassuringly.

“William Bolton the Prom King.” Vivian added.

Andrea stiffened in her seat as the girls tried to point out everything about the guy. She listened carefully as if she didn’t know anything about him.

“Oh I got one, Bolton the dancer.” Marissa said as she chuckled.

“Bolton.. The ultimate guy version of Andrea.” Sasha said.

“You’re forgetting something.” Tanya barged in and everyone looked at her like she was about to spill something really big.

Andrea took a large gulp from her drink.

“Andrea’s first and greatest love.The man she said she would marry. The man that she would allegedly spend her entire life and all those other mushy stuff like happily ever after. Yes-- that was it.” Tanya said as she nods to herself, thinking that what she spilled is exactly true.

Everyone cheered maliciously while looking at Andrea. “That’s not entirely true.” Andrea retorted. “Maybe he is my first love but he’s not the greatest.”

“Whatever you say, darling.” Tanya kidded.

Among the 6 other girls in the table. Tanya was the closest to Andrea in Highschool. But right after that, they all went to different paths except for Katie and Andrea who both passed the same state university.

The two of them are bestfriends up to now and they treat each other like sisters since they have known each other for quite so long.

***

Almost everyone in the room danced like there’s no tomorrow. It felt like highschool all over again, Andrea thought. Too bad she wasn’t clearly in the mood to dance.

She left the dance floor to score some drinks. As she was walking to the bar, the bartender suddenly shifted his position to her direction, not minding all the other people waiting.