chapter 3

The next thing I know is that for the next few days i have been going to interviews with the managing company behind my dads back. he thinks i'm going to school but going  there would make me crowded again and it's not like i have the best ascendance anyway.  you would think that my dad would find out about this right? wrong.  he doesn't care about all of this celeb stuff, i'm not even sure if he has a phone anymore. he just sleeps and drinks nowadays. im still not over the bigness of it all. it was only last week that i was dreaming about being a big dream star, a famous skater and now i am one. i sit at my desk were it had all started from. clicking a button had changed my life and was about to change more. i hear a knock on the door. usually i open the door for my dad so i race down the stairs but to find my dad standing in the doorway and lily my go with me everywhere manager trying to talk to him. he had just woke up so he was grumpy. 

"oh kayla there you are" lily says smiling at me with her soft pink louis vuitton hand bag in both hands. my dad turns to me.

"you know this woman"  he shrugs at me. i nod, i guess this is the time to tell him.

"this is my manager lily" i say walking over to him. he looks at me blankly, "i'm famous dad, im a famous skateboarder" i smile awkwardly waiting for his reply.

"yeah right" he says chuckling and walking into the kitchen. i look over at lily and she gives me an apologetic look. we both walk into the kitchen. my dad grabs a beer from the fridge. i get my phone out and slide it along the table towards him. he looks at it blankly again. i see myself in the glare of the screen in his eyes. he scrolls down the page and i see his eyes widen. "7 million views" he says under his breath. he looks at me. "i hope your getting money for this trash" he says back to his grumpy self. i look at lily.

"well that's what i'm here to talk to you about" she says with a big smile.