𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

ben's point of view

joe
dinner at nobu?

me
sure. what time?

joe
i was thinking
seven. stel is
going to join us
if thats ok with u.

me
yeah. thats fine
with me. ill just
uber and meet you
there.

as i exited out of imessage, i opened up spotify and started playing some frank sinatra on my speakers. i lifted up the covers from my body and walked over to my closet to pick out my attire for the night.

my flat was a decent size for just me. there was only one bedroom and two bathrooms, one near the living room and one master. often nights if my best friend, joe, was too drunk to go home to his wife, he'd crash at my place, so the couch was moderately comfortable for sleep.

i changed into blue jeans, a white tee, and a black bomber before spraying on some of my cologne and brushing my hair up. seeing that it was already 6:30 i decided to order an uber and wait in my kitchen. i poured myself a glass of water before leaning my back against the cold marble counter. as i scrolled through my phone i paused my music and check my instagram. i barley even knew how to work the damn app or any social media for that matter, i simply just didn't have time.

two honks were heard outside and i quickly grabbed my flat keys and slipped on my boots. the drive to nobu was about thirty minutes considering it was in the hollywood area. as the driver pulled up i thanked him and looked around for joe and estella before getting out of the car. they were stood right outside the door talking to one another before they saw me approaching them.

"only two minutes late this time. you're doing better hardy." joe joked checking his watch that i doubt he even knew how to read.

"whatever, i'm never late." i replied before smiling at estella. "how are you stel?"

"very well thanks. i hope you don't mind that i joined you and joe tonight."

"not at all." i chuckled. we entered the restaurant and the hostess walked us towards a booth in the back. joe and estella sat across from me and i placed a black napkin on my lap. while we waited for our waitress joe started to make conversation.

"so how is that spy movie audition coming along? i remember you telling me about how it was coming up."

"yeah it went well i think. i walked out of the building feeling very confident about it and they even had me send in some clips."

"thats wonderful ben, i'm very excited for you." just as estella finished her sentence, a tall blond waitress walked up to our table. she whipped out her notepad before asking us what we wanted to drink. "i think we'll order a bottle of your finest wine." estella ordered as she placed the drink menu down.

"i'll also order a crown and coke, please." i told the waitress. she shot me a wide smile before nodding her head and leaving us to our conversations.

"anyways, do you know who else is auditioning for it?" joe asked and i nodded my head.

"i'm pretty sure harry styles is. i think also john boyega, man those guys are so talented."

"i think joe was talking about the female role." estella interrupted and i let out an awkward smile.

"guys. come on. we've talked about this."

"yes we have benjamin, but that still doesn't answer the question."

this happened almost every time the three of us were together. joe and estella always tried to find me a girlfriend. whenever a new project for me was coming up, they'd ask who the female lead was, but i wasn't interested in dating fellow actresses.

"i don't know of any. i've been ignoring information emails about it from the director. i'll check them once i get the call. otherwise, i'm not going to get too excited about the aspect of the film."

"you mean you don't want to be too excited about the leading lady?" joe laughed and i rolled my eyes yet again.

the waitress returned to the table with joe an e stella's bottle and my glass of crown and coke.

"are you all ready to order?" the women asked and i looked at joe to order first. after he ordered, estella ordered a small appetizer and i ordered a chef's plate. once the waitress walked off, estella pushed her phone across the table and it landed right in front of me.

"looky here, kendall coasin is auditioning for the lead tomorrow."

"sorry stel, but i have no idea who that is."

"she's a model and she acts in like tv shows and such. she's gorgeous." joe informed me as estella slapped his arm making the wine in his glass jump. he apologized before giving her a kiss on the cheek. she pulled her phone back up to her face before quickly typing in something and then dangling the phone in front of me once more.

on the screen, was a photo of a very beautiful and young girl. her hair was long and black, her gorgeous brown eyes seemed like they were looking directly at me. estella had searched up her instagram profile and i took her phone in my hand to view it. it was no doubt that i found kendall attractive, but my number one rule was to not date costars because it could affect the performance and i'd never dated someone while i was in the limelight.

"woah everything ok benny? you're looking for an awfully long time." joe mocked and i could hear estella becoming unhappy with him as she cleared her throat.

"shush joe, maybe we've actually found someone for ben." just as she finished her sentence, my phone started to rapidly vibrate in my pocket. i handed estella back her phone before looking at my own and realizing that it was my manager, daniel.

me
hey dan, is
everything ok?

dan
everything is
going amazing,
because guess who
got a call back from
that new action film.

me
holy shit.
when do they
want me in?

dan
tomorrow morning.
be the ready by seven.
i'll pick you up.

-

i hope the ending
made somewhat of sense
or you were able to infer
what the next chapter
is going to be about.
anyways i hope
you enjoyed this chapter!

much love xxx