𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

it was way too early in the morning for another audition. except this time, the audition was one of the most important auditions i'd ever been to. i was very rarley nervous for them, my mother had always been very persistent when it came to confidence. so while i was growing up, she taught me how to walk in with confidence and get the job done.

as kevin's car pulled up to the white compact building, i rubbed my sweaty hands onto my skirt, i always tried to dress somewhat presentable. nothing too noticable, since i was wearing something i considered normal.

"i can tell you're nervous. you need to calm down." kevin warned, putting the car in park once he was parked in the a space. "you're my best friend. i know you can do anything you set your mind to. i'll walk with you inside and then you'll go kick ass." i laughed at his encouragement.

together, we exited the car and walked over to the large glass doors. once we entered, the lobby closely resembled a hotel lobby. i spotted a women sitting behind a large marbled desk and walked up to her with kevin close behind me. i smiled before speaking, "hello, i'm here for a audition."

"ah yes, good morning ms. coasin. let me call mr. logan and tell him you've arrived. can i get you two anything to drink?" the red head asked looking at kevin and i after pressing a button on her keyboard.

"we're good thanks." kevin and i took a seat on one of the black leather couches. almost as soon as i crossed my legs to sit, a tall and rather young man entered the room with a wide smile set on is face. he had to be at least in his thirties.

"the beautiful kendall coasin!" he rang walking over to the two of us. "my daughters are big fans of your work." by his cheerfulness, i inferred this was christopher logan, a large casting director in the industry.

"thank you mr. logan. great to meet you." i thanked standing up to shake his hand. i felt kevin stand up beside me and shake the man's hand.

"and you must be kevin richards, you've done wonderful with this one. i admire your hard work." he complimented kevin. after kevin thanked him, mr. logan lead me to the elevator where we traveled to his office. as we stood in the glass elevator, he informed me about his daughters and i replied that i'd love to meet them one day. as the doors opened, he led me down a hallway to a large office. it was decorated very sophisticatedly. he pointed to the two white chairs and i took a seat in the one to the left of his desk.

"alright ms. coasin, today we are here to test your ability to convince me that you are parker monroe, which is the character you'll be auditioning for. we are going to start off by reading a script from one of the hearth-felt scenes." mr. logan instructed. he shuffles through a cabinet on the side of his desk before handing me a thick packet. "filp to page 43 please."

with my slightly shaky hands, i turned to page 43 and located parker's name on the top of the page. i took a deep breath before looking up at him. "alright sir, i'm ready when you are."

"ah kendall, don't call me sir, it makes me feel old." he requested, laughing a little. "christopher will do, but you will not be reading with me." i furrowed my eyebrows wondering who i'd be reading to. knowing i wasn't reading to the casting director made me feel a little better about it. christopher then dialed what i assume the front desk before telling me that he will just be a moment. but what did he mean by he?

it didn't take but two minuets before i heard the door behind me open lightly. i turned my head over my shoulder to see a not so familiar face. his hair was short and golden brown. his green eyes seemed as if they were almost piercing mine as he walked closer to the desk. his outfit was very simple, a tight black adidas shirt paired with grey sweatpants. the way the shirt hugged his muscled torso made me redirect my eyes to his face. christopher stood up and shook his hand before introducing us. i uncrossed my legs, stood up, and fixed my shirt before smiling at him.

"ben, this is kendall coasin. kendall this is ben hardy, you'll be testing with him today." he stated. ben returned the smile to me before speaking.

"nice to meet you kendall." he responded reaching out for my hand. i took the oppurtunity to take his hand and returning his comment. his hand was warm and his grip was strong. considering the size of his arms, it didn't surprise me that he would have such a firm grip. ben took his place standing near me as i re-seated myself on the chair. i took a deep breath before looking at ben to start his first line. christopher sets the scene for us.

"parker sits up on the bed in her room talking to nicholas after he slips into her darken room from the window."

"you know this is what i have to do." he spoke looking at me.

"but you need to think about the consequences. what if you leave right now and i never see you again? what the hell am i to think? i'll never know if you are ok, i'll never know where you are, ill nev-"

"nicholas cuts off parker by holding his hand up to stop her from speaking."

"parker. i love you, but i need you to understand that out there, things won't ever be the same if i don't do something about it. people need me to help them. you need to think about that."

"parker rubs her face and pushes her hair behind her ear. she gets up from the covers and walks over to nicholas, who is leaning against the indent in the wall."

i walked up to ben and left my script on the table since my line wasn't too long. our eye contact stayed connected as i spoke.

"i know. i just care so much for you and i'd blame myself if anything happened to you. if only my father didn't have to be the reason for all of this." i pressed my hand to the side of ben's face. our faces close to eachother. instead of the kiss that was coming up, i placed my head on his shoulder and felt him wrap his arms around my torso.

"love you parker, more than you know."

"i love you too nicholas." as i finished my last line, we pulled apart to hear christopher clapping with a smile on his face.

"that was beautiful you two. without a doubt, the best auditions i've seen for this movie." he cooed and i smiled wide. maybe this was my big role.

-

ok so i didn't have anything
important happen because
i'm trying to not make this
story short and clique.
vote and comment x