19

Life has been an absolute blur as of late... I mean, it's currently halfway through double overtime in game seven of the Stanley Cup Final. There have only been two goals scored this game, one for us, one for the Penguins. To say I was stressed was an understatement. I've never heard the Saddledome so packed, yet so silent. I've never looked into my team mates eyes and seen so much on the line. It was do or die baby, and I did not want to feel the heartbreak of losing the cup when we're THIS close.

The clock was ticking down, we were all exhausted, both teams, Smith was struggling to stay focused. I looked over at him and I saw he wasn't going to be able to do this for much longer. That thought made my stomach churn.

The penguins were charging our zone, Malkin had the puck but he lost an edge and fell hard, losing the puck in the process. Tkachuk was on it immediately and brought it back into the penguins zone during the rush, Backlund came off, he was hurt in some way, but I was right back on for him.

"Do or die, do or die, do or die...." I kept reminding myself in my head.

"Passionfruit!" I heard Matthew yell, it was a rather new drill, we hadn't used it in a game and it was risky as hell, but if we pulled it off it would be incredible.

We got into formation and started going through it, the Pens were exhausted, their line could hardly keep up. I saw the puck coming in my direction. A one timer was my best shot, and I tried. With all my might...

I couldn't believe it. The puck was in! WE JUST WON THE STANLEY CUP! The fans were going insane, people were screaming, crying, jumping, high fiving, hugging. I was so in shock that I hadn't yet moved from the spot on the ice where I took the shot from. I felt my team mates all rush around me, everyone was hugging.

I heard the chant again, first from my team mates, then from the entire saddledome.

"BELLA! BELLA! BELLA!"

"WE DID IT!" I screamed, I didn't even know I was crying until my face was soaked in tears. I was hugging everyone, it was the most surreal thing ever. It didn't feel like real life. I was waiting to wake up from this and have it all be a dream. I'd be back in grade 12 in my house in Lethbridge, with my parents there, mom would have breakfast made, dad would be reading the paper.

When would I wake up from this?

Everything that was happening around me felt like it wasn't really happening. We were waiting for the cup to be brought out...

"Is this real?" I asked myself out loud.

Giordano looked at me with a huge smile on his face.

"This is as real as it gets bells!"

Families were starting to come down to ice level to celebrate with us. I saw Brady and Taryn Tkachuk as well as Keith and Chantal, their parents, Seans parents and sister were here, I saw Guy and Jane Gaudreau and Johnny's little niece and his siblings. Giordanos wife and children were here... it was amazing. At the same time it broke my heart not being able to have my parents here. In fact, I didn't have any family here. Everyone was on the ice talking with their families and mingling about, and I felt almost left out.

"Bella," Sean skated up to me, he was happy as a duck of course, "come talk to my family, please." He saw immediately how much more relieved and relaxed I was when he said that. He obviously couldn't really understand just how I was feeling in this very moment but it felt nice to have some "family" to be with in such a time.

After almost all of the celebrations on the ice were done and we were about to go into the locker room with the cup and drink champagne out of it and party, Sean made kind of an announcement.

"Guys, I've got to say, each and every single one of you are amazing. I'm so proud to call you ALL my family... Arabella, I know this may be a lot to take in right now, but I've come to realize something. I am in love with you, wholeheartedly. I understand if you want to say no, but I would be honoured for you to be my girlfriend. Please."

Everyone on the ice was quiet, waiting for my answer. Somehow the happiest night of my life just got even better. I skated up to him and jumped into his arms, kissing him. Everyone cheered once again, the fans seemed a bit confused as they couldn't really hear what Sean was saying but they cheered anyways.

"So is that a yes?" He asked me laughing with the biggest and happiest smile on his face.

"Are you kidding?! Of course it's a yes!" I exclaimed, I have never felt so amazing in my life. I was on cloud nine and then some. I was so blessed.

The rest of the night was a blacked out drunk mess of a party but man, I knew it was fun. We partied into the morning hours, until the sun came up. And I was lucky enough to fall asleep in the arms of somebody I've always dreamt of being with. And in my opinion, that was better than winning the Stanley cup. But I'm glad we did that too.

I can't wait to see what's in store for the future, but all I know is that it's going to be truly amazing if it's with Sean Monahan by my side.

~~THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!! Stay tuned for a Johnny Hockey fic coming to y'all very very soon. It'll be different than what I've done before and I'm super excited about it.~~