Chapter Six

This chapter was created in August 2018, and finished September 2018.

All things considered, if Hay Lin was going to be granted a half day of school, and all on account of a fellow student of Kandrakar's School for Gifted Youngsters having lost control of their powers, at least it had been done during such a beautiful day.

Of course, she still felt bad learning that it had been Cornelia, one of the institute's normally most studious residents, to have uncommonly give into "mounted stress," as Elyon had explained to her later on. And she especially felt rather saddened to suddenly have the school's future headmistress as her new roommate as a result, feeling honestly unsure of the overall development, for the most part.

Hay Lin didn't harbor any ill will toward Elyon, of course, nor did she generally regarding the rest of her schoolmates, from both Bayville High School, as well as 'K.S.G.Y.,' as she'd usually abbreviate it, personally. And she was also pretty sure that the two would get on famously as new bunk mates from then on.

After all, they'd managed to coexist underneath the same roof the past two years just fine, and did refer to one another as 'friends.'

Hay Lin was just going to miss the random antics, familiarity and honest comfort sharing the same bedroom as her best friend, Irma, that was all.

The two had immediately hit it off upon meeting one another during their simultaneous arrival to K.S.G.Y., in spite of the fact that Irma had apparently been far more outgoing, by comparison.

True, Hay Lin was rather friendly and warm, herself, in fact building up a reputation around the institute over time for sort of being one of its unofficial 'Welcoming Committee' members whenever new students would arrive.

All the same, she still had her now lingering moments of introversion as she'd gotten older, a trait which had truthfully always been a large part of her overall personality, especially having grown up within the Lin household an only child.

She imagined being this way helped fuel the overall person she was today, as well as the many different, and admittedly quirky interests she personally held.

After all, Hay Lin did manage to parley her avid involvement within various forms of art, including even occasionally sewing her own interestingly designed clothing into a small, yet still profitable business online. It was just under five months old and really only so far mainly featured some of the handmade jewelry she'd also create, but it was still something.

She also had to place majority of her earnings into the college fund her family had set up for her, one which her beloved grandmother now personally oversaw and made sure that she did so, but at least her professors had allowed Hay Lin the opportunity to take a chance upon her creations, upon herself in the first place.

And of that, she'd always be grateful.

Yep.

Being a bit introverted was something Hay Lin honestly considered to be a bit like a badge of honor of sorts, especially considering a great deal of others would promptly label it a hindrance - Including Irma, herself.

At least, initially.

She, too, had previously possessed the common, misconceived notion that all introverted individuals were shy, or woefully awkward socially, and were sometimes more trouble than they were worth by say, in comparison to the more extroverted, like the Hydrokinetic brunette.