Chapter Ten

------------------------------------------

This chapter was created/written in April 2019.

------------------------------------------

"Don't you think this is a bit of overkill at this point, Elle? You'd already looked after me for the majority of yesterday, and now you're serving me breakfast in bed? I told you, it's just a tiny cold."

Although verbally protesting toward her best friend's incessant attentiveness for such a minor malady, on the inside Cornelia could about actually died, after all, she was that over the moon.

True, both she and Elyon had been known to more or less take turns whenever it came to taking care of the other throughout the years.

As incredibly close friends, it honestly wasn't anything new, nor truly surprising.

Cornelia supposed the only reason it might have been at present was the fact that she honestly was expecting majority of Elyon's focus this weekend to instead be about Caleb, either learning about his current condition, or finally letting loose on all the so called, sordid details of their first date. . . .

However, the rest of Saturday had come and gone without so much of a mere mention of him, as Elyon had instead dedicated herself one-hundred percent toward nursing the periodically sniffling and sneezing Cornelia back to full health.

In fact, overall, yesterday had gone off without an eventful hitch, thankfully, as all the students, not just themselves, needed a period of peace once more.

And although having been remanded onto campus grounds, Cornelia's fellow schoolmates had seemed to manage to find a way to entertain themselves in one form or another, just as Professor Kandrakar assured the full lot that they could.

In between checking on Irma, checking in with her grandmother, and sharing a quick lunch with the two blondes inside of the dorm room, Hay Lin had apparently taken Cornelia's place as the added guest to Will's renewed sleepover later on that Saturday evening.

"Take two," as Will had referred to it after she, too, had come to see how Cornelia was fairing, before further explaining that seeing as her first slumber party had been unavoidably interrupted the previous night, she may as well try again. "Especially now that I'll apparently have my work cut out for me within the near future, thanks to these extra training sessions you said both you and Elyon are now going to put me and Taranee through from now on. . . . May as well 'live it up' while I still can!"

It was certainly nice to witness Will having calmed down a great deal from that fateful meeting with Professor Kandrakar, but even more so to see her making a continual effort to further interact with her new housemates.

If only Elyon hadn't insisted upon quarantining Cornelia to her bedroom, or else Cornelia would have honestly enjoyed resuming within the interrupted festivities, as hanging out with Will really had turned out to be quite a bit of fun Friday night.

Hanging out with both Will, and Taranee.

And even though she, herself, was still secretly a tad bit on the fence about recently choosing to become a part of Professor Kandrakar's premiere X-Men, Cornelia didn't really believe that he was wrong to include both girls, the longer she thought about it.