VI

VI

Harmony

After Mystery left my house I called Asia to tell her to meet me here since we're supposed to be "partying" tonight.

I honestly think I won't get any partying done. I'll be too busy thinking.

Mystery doesn't think I know but I see it. I see what she does to herself and it hurts me to see her hurting.

I noticed the fresh cuts on her arm when she was just over here and I just wanted to cry. I thought while I was gone, she stopped.

I guess I was wrong.

I don't blame her for not telling me though. If this was a year ago, I would think she was crazy and needed to be put in an asylum.

I was all the way against cutting. I thought it was selfish, self centered and weak.

But now...seeing it happen to my best friend opened my eyes.

I always thought depressed people were the ones that dressed in all black, had no friends and just never talked.

The stereotypical depressed person.

But obviously me and everyone else was wrong. A depressed person is hard to spot. If it wasn't for those cuts on her arm I would've never known she was depressed.

The first day I saw them is the first day I started to notice her ways. The way she refuses to look in the mirror when we're in the bathroom or locker room.

The way she goes straight home after school. I even caught her crying once for no reason...no reason.

Mystery has friends, she's a beautiful girl, she has a great sense of style. You couldn't spot her depression from a mile away.

I hate to use the word so loosely, but for this occasion it's actually accurate.

People throw around the word like it's nothing, but they don't really know the deeper meaning of it.

It crushes me to know that Mystery is going through all this pain and I can't help.

I've made my decision. I'll tell her I know about what she's doing to herself and I'll demand to help her.

I don't care if she pushes me away, I will help her no matter what. That's my best friend right there.

As the phone rang, I contemplated on telling Asia.

Nah, that's Mystery's decision.

"Get to Mystery's house. Now." Asia said through the phone and hung up before I could ask any questions.

This is all I could write to be honest :/

Just some insight on what Harmony knows and feels, and it's a lot...