Reina

"You are worthless, I wish you would just go up to your room already and kill yourself!" Her mother slurred, she had to rest her hand on her daughters shoulder to steady her self.

Reina's parents were absolute drunks, they were having money struggles yet her parents would waste tons of money on alcoholic drinks. Reina was better than that she was logical, and thought thinks thoroughly. Her thinking was very smart and she could think of every possibility before devising a plan. That's why she was saving up money on her own, but a new problem came. Her parents were abusive drunks and she was afraid. She tried to think logical and smart, but when she did the same out come came. She would still get hit, and insulted. She wouldn't kill herself, but she didn't want to be hurt either.

Reina flinched when her mother placed a hand on her, thinking her mother was going to hit her. Claudia noticed. With the other hand Reina's mother slapped her with so much force that the unsteady mother fell to the floor with a yelp.

"Jorge! Viste eso? Esta pendeja me empujo!" ((Jorge! Did you see that? This bitch just pushed me!)) Claudia yelled to the half asleep man watching from the couch. He got up, his legs wobbling, he staggered to his daughter. Reina didn't have any seconds to run up to her room, she would have to hide out and come back later for money and clothes.

Reina ran outside panting, the man who she once called her father struggled to run. His beer fat wasn't helping as it bounced more than a kids bouncy ball.

She ran all the way to the lamp post a block from her small home, she stopped. It was cold, she could stay at some store that was opened 24/7 so she wouldn't freeze. When she looked back, her father had caught up to her and was only a few feet away. Just when Reina was about to run again, a white van sped up and parked next to her.

Luke got out from the passenger side, he ran to Reina and pushed her towards the van, "Go!" He yelled. Luke punched the man who had gripped his shirt, and he staggered back. In the distance you could hear Reina's mother yelling obscenities from the porch.

Luke ran back to the van, "who's next?" He breathed heavily. He thought for a moment before answering his own question. "Calum, Angel, and Zephyr." Then they sped away from the poor families living in the barrio.