Mask mistake

This is a Sally Face AU. Characters will be a little OOC. you've been warned.

Sal wasn't sure what had just happened. he was laying on the floor of the school lunchroom in a daze. Travis was standing over him, staring at him. he groaned and sat up, blood dripped onto the floor and he reached up to rub his face. he froze. his mask was gone. the entire school was staring at him. immediately someone started laughing and the rest of the school joined in. Sal jumped up from the floor, covering his face tearfully. he raced off, tears and blood running down his face. Larry was quick to kneel and put his friends mask into his back pack, then he stood and glared, punching Travis hard across the face.

"hey asswipe! thats my bestfriend!" Larry shouted.

*Sal*

Sal ran straight to Addison apartments. he ignored Mr.Addison as he shouted at Sal to stop running in the halls. he ignored Lisa, who worriedly ask why he was dripping blood everywhere. he ran straight from the elevator into his apartment, past his dad who ask why he was home early. Sal locked himself in his bedroom, where no one could see him. he ignored the bleeding of his nose and buried his face into his pillow. the whole school had seen him, he could never go back. he'd have to move again.

*Larry*

Larry huffed as he was shoved into the apartments by a police officer.

"Larry?" Lisa ask running over as they took the cuffs off her son.

"he's been kicked out of school for provoking violence and sending another student to the hospital. he can return in two weeks." the officer said before leaving. Larry opened his backpack and pulled Sal's mask out, before his mother could ask any questions. he looked at her with a dark look in his eye's, holding Sal's mask. she wanted to ask what he'd done, but something different came out.

"what happened to Sal?" Lisa ask. Larry ducked his head down.

"Travis, that stupid school bully. he punched Sal so hard his mask came flying off. the whole school saw. I've never seen Sal cry before." Larry said. "I'm sorry I got expelled for two weeks." Larry said.

"forget it, you did the right thing. Sal took off up to his room. go give him his mask back and make sure he's okay." Lisa said. Larry nodded and ran for the elevator. Larry ran straight to Sal's room, mask in hand. the sight stopped Sal's father from asking any questions and he walked out of the apartment to give them a chance to talk. Larry banged on the door hard.

"Sal?" Larry ask. it was quiet. "Sally face. open the door." Larry said.

"go away Larry." Sal muttered, his voice cracked and he sounded defeated.

"please Sally? I have your mask." Larry said.

"whats the point? I can't leave my room again. ever." Sal muttered.

"yes you can't. but you've got a couple weeks... I got expelled for two weeks for putting Travis in the hospital." Larry said. he didn't get an answer, so he picked the lock. he opened the door, closing and locking it behind him. Sal flinched as he walked in, face still buried in his pillow. Larry sat on the bed beside him. Sal curled away from him. "let me see your nose." Larry said.

"no." Sal said.

"I've seen your face before. you already know how I think of it. come on, what if he broke your nose?" Larry ask.

"I don't care. it doesn't matter. might make me look better." Sal huffed.

"don't say that." Larry said. he got off the bed and knelt beside it. "come on. let me see." Larry said. Sal gave a shaky sigh and turned his head, laying against the pillow and stared at Larry. eye's red and puffy cheeks wet. his face was smeared with blood, but his nose seemed fine. that didn't stop Larry from grabbing Sal's chin to hold him still, just to get a closer look. "doesn't look broken. looks the way it always does." Larry murmured, giving him a small reassuring smile. Sal turned his face away quickly, burying it back in the pillow.