Chapter 2

Sam woke up to the smell of bacon. Confused, he climbs out of bed and stumbles into the kitchen to see the all too familiar scene before him: Dean cooking him breakfast. When Dean sees Sam in the doorway, he smiles. "Morning, Sammy!" He greets him over the the sound of his music playing quietly. He turns back to the food and continues to cook.

Sam sits down at the table and watches his brother quietly sing along to the music and slightly dances in the kitchen. As Dean was dishing out breakfast, Castiel entered the room fully dressed. "Morning, Sam," he greets him. "Morning, Dean. I would love to join you for breakfast, but I need to go to my revision lessons. I'm sorry. I hope you enjoy breakfast and have a good day", he said before leaving the house.

Dean looks at Sam with a raised eyebrow. "Does he ever eat with you?"

"No. Old habits die hard, I guess". When he noticed Dean's confused face, he elaborated. "He um... I don't think it's my place to say", Sam replied.

Dean shrugged before devouring his breakfast. Once their plates were empty, Dean washed the dishes while Sam got dressed for his only lesson of the day. Sam joined Dean in the kitchen and began to explain that he couldn't spend the day with him. "I have a lesson at the college. I have to go if I want to pass my exams. I'm sorry, I really am. I'm sure we can do something later or tomorrow?"

"Nah", Dean replied. "Don't worry about it", he lied. "I'm sure I can find something to do while you're being bored to death".

Sam smiled and shook his head. "I'll see you later", he said before leaving the house.

As the door shut, the smile from Dean's face vanished. His shoulders slumped as he released a heavy sigh. His hand rubbed his face before he walked to the fridge for a beer. It may only be 9am, but he really needed to have a drink. Throwing the lid in the recycling, he left the house to fix his baby. Opening her up and beginning to tinker, he listened to his cassette tapes while the sun beamed down on him.

<3

Castiel was walking home after his revision lessons. He was almost home when he noticed Dean was fixing his car. He was only wearing his jeans in the hot weather, with his music blasting through the speakers of the impala. As Castiel got closer, he noticed the numerous scars on Dean's torso. The pale white lines where the old stitches had healed. They stretched across his entire body.

Castiel hadn't known he was staring until he made eye contact with Dean. His cheeks burned red with embarrassment as he rushed inside the house, but not before he noticed the smirk edged onto Dean's lips and the obvious flirty wink that was sent in his direction. Castiel rushed to his room where he hid away from Dean.

While he was doing his homework at his desk, there was a knock on his bedroom door. He looked up to see a stunning shirtless Dean entire his room with a sandwich on a plate. "Hey. I noticed you didn't eat breakfast with Sam and I this morning. I'm assuming you must be hungry, so I made you lunch", he said as he placed the food in front of Castiel. "Make sure you take a break, too. It's not good if you study for too long. Look after yourself".

As Dean was making his way out the room, Castiel thanked him, which earned him one of Dean's gorgeous smiles and a flirtatious wink. Once again, his cheeks flushed red, so he turned his attention back to his work. Dean's kind gesture of making him a sandwich warmed his heart. Dean was definitely not what he imagined.

<3

     Dear Journal,
     Sam's older brother, Dean, is staying with us for a while. I'm not complaining: I've heard all the wonderful stories of Dean from Sam, but I never imagined him to be like this. I didn't expect him to be so attractive. I think he's flirting with me, but I'm not sure. The last relationship I was in was with Balthazar and that didn't end well. I think I'm scared to open up to someone again.
     But I really want to get to know Dean more. I was coming home from my revision lesson when I saw him working on this car. He was shirtless, which was kind of distracting, but I noticed the numerous scars on his body. The pale white lines from where the stitches have healed. I wonder how he got them. He is the most attractive man I've ever seen, and so mysterious. I want to get to know him more, but I'm scared to know the truth.
     What if he's some psychopath? Or a masked criminal? Those scars on his body look painful, so he must have been doing something dangerous, right?
     Anyway, until next time,
     - Castiel.