Chapter 8

⚠️WARNING⚠️
There are some homophobic slurs/phrases in this chapter.

Castiel woke up and felt a strong arm wrapped around his waist. Slowly, he looked over his shoulder and saw Dean sleeping next to him. Dean was shirtless, and so was Castiel. Panicking, Castiel lift the duvet slightly, hoping he had on underwear. He didn't. Castiel sighed as he put his arm down to cover himself. He turned to lie on his back and looked at Dean sleeping peacefully next to him.

I slept with Dean, Castiel thought.

Carefully, Castiel crawled out of bed and pulled on a pair of sweatpants. Quietly, he left his room and entered the kitchen to get some coffee to help with his hangover. While he was making his coffee, he couldn't stop thinking about last night. "Did I really sleep with Dean?" He asked himself in a quiet whisper. "He's my best friend's brother, it seems wrong. Maybe it was just a drunk mistake? Yeah, it was definitely a drunk moment. But do I regret it?"

Not long after Castiel woke up, Dean stirred awake. He looked around the room and recognised it as Castiel's. Confused, he looked under the duvet and saw his naked body. Realisation occurred and he put his hand over his eyes. "I slept with Cas", he whispered. Sitting up, he looked around the room and saw his clothes lying on the floor.

After he was covered, he left Castiel's room. When he entered the kitchen, he saw Castiel leaning against the counter with a mug in his hand while he stared into space. Awkwardly, Dean walked closer to Castiel and bringing him back to reality. They didn't make eye contact, didn't even speak to each other. Dean grabbed a mug of coffee and sat at the table.

They were silent for a while until Dean spoke up. "Did we...?"

Finally, they made eye contact. The sky blue eyes stared into the emerald green ones. "I think we did", he admitted. "I don't really remember. What do you remember from last night?" Slowly, he joined Dean at the table where they began to figure out what had happened last night because everything was a blur to them both.

"The last thing I remember", Dean began. "Was us sitting back at the bar after I hit some guy".

<3

Dean and Castiel entered the bar and found two empty seats. Castiel seemed hesitant to order, but Dean took charge and ordered them both shots of whiskey. About an hour into drinking, they were drunk and enjoying each other's company. Unfortunately, nature called for Castiel. "Excuse me, I gotta use the bathroom", he informed Dean.

When Castiel was making his way back to Dean, he accidentally bumped into a guy, and slightly touched his butt. The guy turned around in anger and began to yell at Castiel. "WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE! I AIN'T NO HOMO! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" Castiel was stunned. He may have had a couple to drink, but he wasn't dumb enough to fight.

"Sorry", he apologised. "It was an accident".

"YEAH! YOU WILL BE!"

Before the guy could hit Castiel, a huge figure intervened. "He said he was sorry", a deep and husky voice said. Castiel recognised the figure as Dean. He was standing between Castiel and the homophobic. He looked so brave as he stood in Castiel's defence. Castiel's heart fluttered as he watched Dean defend him. No one had ever done that before.

"Aww", the homophobic mocked. "Protecting your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, maybe I am!" Dean said, confidence radiating off his body. The homophobic looked shocked, but soon recovered and tried to say a snarky comment. Dean shook his head and turned to Castiel. "Come on, let's go back to the bar", he said as he began to push Castiel in the right direction. While they were walking back to the bar, the homophobic followed them.