chapter one ~ guess who's back?

"you're back

"you're back...?"
————

im scrolling on my phone as i sit on my couch with tessa and elisia. my mom and trevor's dad, aaron, are on a date and trevor is out doing... i don't know what.

"has hailey said anything to your texts?" elisia asks looking at my phone.

i shake my head no, "you?"

she shakes her head sadly in reply.

we haven't been in contact with hailey since before zoe got sent to prison. but, yesterday, out of nowhere, she just sends me and elisia this text that says, 'i'm coming back'.

we have been calling and texting her but she hasn't responded and i'm excited but also nervous because i don't know why she hasn't texted back.

"ash needs help with something, i better go home." elisia states getting off the couch.

tessa sighs, "yeah, me too. i have to start getting ready. i have a date with jai tonight."

they both start walking out the door and i yell, "have fun!"

i have nothing to do. i guess i'll just watch friends. i grab the remote and turn on a random episode of friends, and just watch.

15 minutes later

i suddenly hear a knock on the door and instantly i think... Hailey! please tell me that is hailey. i pause friends and get up from the couch. i basically run towards the door and open it, but i'm taken aback who is standing right there.

not hailey, that's for sure.

i breathe kind of heavily, "brandon."

"the one and only." he replies smirking.

shit.

"you're back.?" i state but it comes out as more of a question.

is he really back? i was not expecting this today.

"sure am." he says still smirking.

has he gotten hotter? i didn't think that was possible. shut up, rowan!

"what are you doing here?" i ask sounding accidentally hostile.

he laughs, "what? i can't see my friend after a year?"

"well, trevor's not here right now...so-" i start but he cuts me off, "that doesn't mean we're not friends."