Snow White me

"Now that this is settled, we should join your friends," casually said Morgan. "We really don't want to stay around here too long."

"Yes, about that..."

But the woman was already walking towards the tomb. Flynn reached her just before she entered the opening and blocked her way.

"Let me go first. Something tells me that if they see you before they see me, they might just do something stupid."

"Such as trying to kill me?"

"Something along those lines, yes..."

She smirked but made two steps back and waited for Carsen to go inside Merlin's tomb.

Eve, Cassandra, Ezekiel and Jake were running out of options. Gathered around Jenkins' motionless body, they were sharing the same distraught expression on their faces. They turned around when they heard footsteps coming down the stairs and their faces lit up when they recognised the Librarian.

"Flynn! You're back!" Happily screamed Cassandra.

But before he could answer, the Colonel's ice cold voice filled the cave.

"What is she doing here?"

Morgan le Fay had appeared behind Flynn.

"Hello to you too. It's been a while. Did you miss me?"

Carsen shot a warning glance at his companion, hoping that she would just keep quiet.

"She is here for Jenkins," he explained.

Instantly, the group grew closer shielding the Caretaker.

"Oh come on," said the sorceress loosing patience. "Stop being so childish. Galeas and I go way back, you wouldn't understand our relationship even if I explained it to you with simple words."

"What I do understand," snapped Eve, "is that he asked me once to kill you. That tells me a lot about your relationship."

"O.K., you both made your point, but it's irrelevant here. Let's start all over again," intervened Carsen who could see that the situation would go nowhere unless he did something about it. "She is really here to help. She fears that Jenkins doesn't want to live anymore."

Eve, Cassandra, Jake and Ezekiel exchanged concerned glances.

"You mean: he wants to die?" Repeated the mathematician whose voice was now trembling.

"Yes," bluntly replied Morgan. "And before you start arguing again, let me be clear. I don't want him to die. He is the only one I've got from my timeline. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be the only one left. So I'd appreciate if we could stop wasting time. Let me go through."

Silence descended on the cave. Baird was staring at Flynn, trying to read his face. There was no indication that this was a trap or that he was under le Fay's influence.

"I say, let us try and work with her for Jenkins' sake," decided Jones.

"What?" Eructed Stone. "Are you out of your mind? You know her!"

"Yeah, and I also know that she is telling the truth. She cares for Jenkins. We couldn't find a way to bring him back. Maybe she can."

"He is right," sighed Cillian. "We need all the help we can get..."

Flynn and Morgan walked closer. The sorceress' eyes were fixed on Jenkins. To Eve's surprise, the woman seemed genuinely sad and worried.

"She really cares for him," she whispered in Carsen's ear.

The Librarian simply nodded and the Colonel got a feeling that he knew more about Morgan and Jenkins than the rest of them.

She watched as the sorceress came to a halt in front of the sarcophagus.

As soon as she reached Galeas, Morgan felt overwhelmed by emotions long buried inside her. She could sense the man's melancholy. It was floating around her, trying to convince her that she didn't belong here just as he didn't. The sorceress was impressed. The knight was very powerful. Memories flashed before her eyes. She saw herself curled into Galeas' arms. They were sitting under a tree, smiling at each other. Morgan rested her hand on Jenkins'. She had to fight hard to resist the temptation to lay down with him and let the world be without them.

Instead, she leant over Galeas and kissed him.

"Did you just Snow White me?" faintly whispered Jenkins, seconds later.