Chapter 13

After that nerve wrecking conversation, I excused myself and went back to my cubicle. I sat on my chair and closed my eyes for a few moments, then went back to work. I arrange his upcoming schedules and checked a few emails.

The phone connected to Mr. William's office rang, "Yes, Sir?"

"It's almost time for lunch, Ms. Standford, I hope you didn't forget."

Oh, shoot! It's already quarter to twelve. I forgot to ask for his lunch! I was too busy with work and keeping my mind distracted from the contract.

"No, Sir. I was about to call you but you beat me to it. What do you want for lunch, Sir?" This man is giving me the headaches.

"A Cajun Seafood Pasta at Mary's. You can place your order, too, Rose. That would be all." Then, he ends the call. Spell RUDE though but he was considerate enough to let me order which is much unexpected.

Before going to the restaurant, I called it first and then placed an order. I just ordered their cheapest meal that they have which is a salad and it is still expensive to me after they mentioned the price. I quickly grab the card and walked to the elevator.

The elevator halts at the 12th floor and Mark appeared and stepped inside.

"Hey, Rose! How are you?" He asked with a bright smile. Good thing I have someone to talk to aside from my robotic boss.

"I'm good. I'm going to Mary's to grab Mr. William's lunch. How about you?" I feel at ease when I'm talking with Mark. He has this aura that makes you comfortable talking to him. Like he can be friends with anybody.

"Great! The design for the project is done. I want to join you to lunch though but I'm on my way to my lunch meeting with my colleagues. Let's go to the café later when it's time for our coffee break, cool? I got tons of stories to tell you!"

"Yeah, sure! I like that!" We reached his department's floor; he went out and bid his good bye.

I stepped out the office and have a little chit chat with the security. It wouldn't hurt talking to them, you know? You might even make their day brighter by just asking how their day was.

Good thing the restaurant was a block away from the company. I paid for our lunch with the company's credit card. The card was for his lunch and other necessities. Damn! I'm working at a very rich company. I rushed back to the office and then placed my lunch at my desk. Then, I made a bee line to Mr. William's office.

I knocked and heard him say 'Enter'. He was too focused on reading the contracts and I can't help but observe his face. He is seriously handsome but there is a lion living inside that body. He is definitely not my type! I want someone who is caring, understanding and kind. But he is too far from those. So, maybe marrying with him won't be that hard. Falling for him will be far from reality. We may likely rip each other's head than being in love.

"Why are you still standing, Rose? Where's my lunch?" he barks while still reading the papers. Cranky!

Jeez, this man is really getting in my nerves. I walked to his table and placed his lunch near his laptop. "Do you want anything else, Sir?" Right after I finished my sentence, my stomach made the loudest sound that mankind has ever known.

He looked up with his brow furrowed. "No, you may go now."

I nodded and walked my way out through the door. Wishing the ground would eat me instead. While making my way to my desk, my stomach is still grumbling. I grabbed the salad and moan with pleasure after taking the first bite.

--

After that humiliating scenario earlier, I went back to work and finished what I started. Organizing everything what the previous secretary left and updating my planner with Mr. William's activities and events. My phone beeped telling that an hour later, Mr. William will have his 2:00 pm meeting with the interior designers for the new hotel and that means I'm seeing Mark later. Yay!