The Death of a Hero; The Rise of a Guardian

It was a month after Charlie got back from her last quest, without a left arm, and she was about to begin another one. Percy and Annabeth Jackson, Charlie's parents, were against her going on the mission so soon after coming back missing an arm, but knew they couldn't hold the sixteen year old from going as she was so much like her parents.

The legacy was currently in a dark cavern when she heard some one muttering a spell behind her. She turned around but couldn't make out who it was. Charlie suddenly felt weak and powerless, and then everything faded away into nothingness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Charlie came to, she was bound in chains, Imperial Gold chains. She looked at her surroundings and found that she was on a platform in the middle of the ocean. She also noticed that there was one other person on the platform with her.

It was her ex, Bellatrix Ó'Catháin.

"Well, well, well. Look whose awake. My old love, Charlie Jackson." the daughter of Eris sneered, saying the ravenette's name with so much venom it could kill every living thing  on Earth. Twice.

"What is going on, Bella?" Charlie asked, annoyed.

"Don't call me Bella, you bitch!" Bellatrix's golden eyes glowed dangerously, "And as to what is going on, why, it is your death, Ice Princess." She gave the other girl a wicked smirk.

"What are you to gain from my death, Ó'Catháin?"

"Chaos. Strife. Hopefully a war maybe. Honestly, I would also just love to see you dead, sweetheart."

"You're a sick, sick psychopath, Bellatrix. I hope you know that."

"Oh, I know I'm completely and utterly insane. But let's get the chit chat over with and get on with you dying in agony." She didn't leave Charlie much of a chance to reply before she sent the legacy to her watery death.

At first, Charlie thought she would be fine, that she could just simply shape shift and make her escape, but so she found that, to her surprise and horror, she had been stripped of her powers

At first, Charlie thought she would be fine, that she could just simply shape shift and make her escape, but so she found that, to her surprise and horror, she had been stripped of her powers. And so, she sank, and sank, and sank to the depths of the ocean, right above an underwater volcano. Luckily, the heat from the magma melted the chains from her body, but she was dead long before that. In time, the body of the young woman came to the surface, floating there, her once pale skin tinged with blue from lack of oxygen, and burns covering the once smooth skin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Artemis was driving her moon chariot when she felt the murder of a virgin, and her eyes widen when she saw the mangled body of Charlie Jackson, her favorite niece (shhh, don't tell anyone).

Out of desperation, the goddess made a split second decision.

She just hopes it will work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was really tempted to end it right here but it's only 468 words so I won't

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlie's PoV

Cold. Cold was the first thing I felt, but it was a comforting cold.

My eyes fluttered open and I was met with the shimmering moon. It felt as if it was trying to talk to me.

I glanced over at my surroundings and saw that I was on some sort of icy platform, completely surrounded by miles and miles of ocean.

I was completely and utterly alone.

Then another thought came to mind, I didn't know who I am.

But a small splash of water washed over my feet, and I was oddly comforted by it.

Then there was a shower of glittering moonlight and there was a girl with auburn hair and silver eyes.

"Arty?" The name slipped from my lips without a second thought.

The girl smiled warmly at me.

"Charlie. I'm so happy that it worked. But I'm also sorry that it may not be what you wanted, it was the only way to save you and I panicked."

"What are you talking about? I don't understand?"

"I made you a Guardian, Charlie, an immortal Guardian for the children of earth."

Something clicked in my head and suddenly I remembered something. Something about my childhood and hearing about Artemis's Guardians.

"Artemis? I remembered something."

"I'm so glad you did but I'm afraid that it will be much longer before you remember everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's not much more but I'm working on it. It might be at least half a day to a day before I'll be able to update again.

But for now, good bye my sweets.

~With Love, FanGoddess <3