Falling Through Time

To say Bellatrix was vehement would be an understatement. How could Charlie Jackson still be alive? She killed her. The granddaughter of Nyx closed her eyes and focused all her chaotic power on getting rid of that bitch. A wicked smile crossed her lips, her golden eyes opening, as she sensed that she had succeeded.

She just didn't know how successful she was...

         ... And how hard karma will come back to bite her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie's PoV

I was suddenly falling. Just falling. Through clouds. Hair whipping in the wind. Then it stopped. Water surrounded me. I was scared at first, then I realized I was breathing. I don't think that's normal. Then something came to mind. I am descended from the sea.

I was abruptly shaken from my thoughts as someone pulled me from the water. I looked back to where I was pulled from, wanting to go back, it was a river, but it was frozen over. That's not right. I was just in there, how could it be frozen?

I stood up and looked around. Where was I?

Egypt

What was that?

I turned to the person who pulled me out. He was a good looking guy, he had dark tanned skin, calloused hands, and a tunic around his waist.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I was surprised when I realized I was speaking Egyptian.

"We are in Egypt, I just pulled you out of the Nile. I am Omri, I serve Amenhotep, son of Narmer Menes, Pharaoh of Egypt." He took in my appearance, glancing at the sky, then quickly back to me. "Where did you come from? Are you an angel sent from God?"

I blushed a little at being called an angel, "Um, no, and I'm not sure what happened. I had just recovered my weapons, then I was falling."

Omri suddenly went rigid, looking past me. I turned around and saw a man walking towards us, dressed in shining gold jewelry, an air of confidence and authority around him.

"Omri, there you are! I was looking for you everywhere. Who is this with? Surely a woman of her beauty could only be a goddess."

"I found her falling from the sky, into the Nile." Omri gestured to the place he pulled me from. It was still frozen.

"Well, that is something. She must be a goddess! Oh, fair lady, who are you? the goddess, Isis?"

Isis

The name struck a cord with me, for what reason, I do not know.

"No, I'm afraid not," I answered, blushing slightly. "My name is Charlie. And I appear to be very far from home, and I may need a place to stay until I find a way home. Do you know of an inn or temple I could stay at?"

"Nonsense!" Amenhotep bellowed, startling me, "You shall stay with me, in the palace. But, I will have Omri take you to the main temple to give an offering to the gods for help getting home."

The Egyptian prince then left us and went towards what I presume is the palace. Omri then led me to a square, where temples surrounded a small marketplace in the middle, where merchants were selling offerings to the people going in and out of temples, praising their gods. We went up to the largest one, where a young priest was at the entrance.

"Omri, what brings you here, my friend?" he chimed with a smile.

"Amenhotep instructed me to bring this young woman here to ask your gods for assistance in returning to her home land."

The priest nodded and seemed to accept his answer. We went in and when we were in front of two grand doors, I turned to Omri, stopping him.

"You don't have to come in with me, Omri. You can go back and wait at the entrance of the temple if you want."

He gave me a confused expression. "Why do you suggest this?"

I gave him a kind smile before answering truthfully, "I saw how uncomfortable you were whenever 'gods' came up. Also, you asked if I was 'an angel sent from God' and said 'your gods' instead of 'the gods.' I'm assuming you are monotheistic and worship the God of Abraham."

"That would be correct. It is impressive that you came to the conclusion by yourself after only knowing me for less than an hour."

"I saw how you were loyal to Amenhotep and respect his beliefs, but your heart lies only with your one, true God.... I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from. I'll just go." I turned around to go through the doors, but Omri's hand on my shoulder stopped me.

"Charlie, you are so baffling." A smile came across his lips. "I shall wait for you outside. Please, take your time." He left without giving me a chance to reply.

I braved my nerves and entered the room, spotting another, older priest. He turned to look at me and once our eyes met, he dropped his offerings, a lamb on a gold jeweled tray and a goblet of wine. His eyes grew wide and the door opened once again. I glanced back and saw Omri.

"Oh my Ra!" the holy man exclaimed, regaining my full attention. "Oh great goddess Isis!" he bent on his knees and bowed deeply.

"There must be some mistake, I am not a goddess." I explained, flustered.

The priest slowly got up, "No, but you come from the gods themselves. You truly have godsblood within your veins, such as the blood of the Great Mother Isis. Oh, thank Anubis that I lived to meet you on this day! Oh, what a great honor it is!" He picked up his dropped offerings, bowed when he past me, and went out the door, singing his praises.

"What was that that just happened?" Omri asked after a minute, breaking the silence.

"I-I don't know.  How did you know to come?"

"I heard a crash. I ran back to make sure you were okay." he answered, a light pink dusting his cheeks. Hhm, must be from running back.

"Oh, oh, thanks. Can we go? I feel uncomfortable here now."

"Yes, yes, of course. Please follow me. This way, Charlie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH Charlie, just as clueless as her dad.