Chapter 10 - Can't Get To My Destination

Michael's POV

December 31, 1995

I woke up jolting like if someone had a nightmare. I didn't have a nightmare though. It was merely just waking up. 

I looked over to see I'm still holding onto Nancy while she's snuggled against me. Her eyelids start to close tighter before opening. 

She looks at me lovingly until she pushes me away frightened. I was thrown off guard by this reaction. "Oh god. What time is it?" She asked getting off the bed. 

I looked over to her nightstand to see it was eleven-thirty. "Eleven-thirty," I said. She walked out her door and looked around and outside. 

"My dad still isn't here." She said looking upset. I got up and walked to her. "That's good," I said hugging her smallish frame gently. 

"What if he comes home and sees you here?" She asked. "I guess we'll have to see," I said. She let out a shaky breath before pulling away from the hug. 

She looked at my face and bare chest. "Are you still hurting?" She asked. "No," I said walking over to the bed to get my shirt and jacket. 

I slipped on my shirt and put on my jacket feeling the warmth again. "I think I need to go home. I've been out of the hose since this morning." I said turning to almost fall on the ground. 

I was still feeling light-headed from all the blood I lost. I needed to eat probably. "I don't trust you to drive looking like that." She said. 

"It's not like you can drive me," I said moving her to the side so I could leave. "Can I come with you?" She asked. 

I then thought of Christmas Eve with my family and how they showed her pictures of me after we exchanged gifts. 

"What if you crash and get killed." She said. "Fine," I said not wanting to hear her when I feel very sleepy and drained. 

"Get dressed in something that's not your pajamas though," I said. She nodded and made her way to her closet. 

I walked back to her blood covered bed and flopped down on It feeling sick. "Are you okay?" I heard. I gave her a thumbs up and cuddled into her pillow. 

I turned after a minute trying not to fall asleep. I saw Nancy slipping on jeans and t-shirt and turned to me. 

"Were you watching me the whole time?" She asked getting flustered. I shook my head and got up. "No, I wasn't. I just looked over to see you put on your shirt." I said.

I started to dig into my pocket for my keys. I looked over and handed them to her. "I feel too weak to drive. I'm trusting you." I said getting up. 

She grabbed her coat and helped me to the door. We walked into the snow feeling its unbearable coldness hit us. 

I shivered and held her tighter. She opened the passenger's side for me and helped me in. I shut the door and put my hand over my face feeling dizzy again. 

She got into the driver's seat and immediately looked at me. "You know how to drive right?" I asked. "I drove Maddie's car..." She said. 

I was going to regret this. She started the engine and put it into drive and drove fast then stopped. I fell forward. 

"Sorry!" She squeaked out. "Jeez, Nancy!" I yelled putting my seatbelt on. "I'm nervous." She said. "Calm down then," I told her. 

She then started to drive a bit slower this time but it was still pretty fast. "Slower," I said closing my eyes and feeling my dizziness come back.