Chapter Forty- Two: Daffodil

{Eleanor's POV}

"C'mon Coco!" I say to the dog. "Please! Get up! I'm begging you." I plead to the Border Collie. She's been moping around, whining, eating heaps and complaining for a few days now, ever since we got home actually, which was on the thirty- first of August. It's now the fourth of September.

"Coco still not doing anything?" Louis walks into the room, sweating and holding a dog leash. He decided to take Barnabe for a walk whilst I attended to Coco.

"Nope Lou. She isn't," I reply. "Do you think we should take her to the vet?" I ask, getting a little worried that she's got something wrong.

"Okay! We'll go now, come on Coke." He calls her. Coke? When I hear that I immediately think of Coca- Cola and then my mind shifts to Cocaine.

"Louis. We are not nicknaming the dog Coke."

Louis chuckles and attaches the leash to Coco. "Let's go Coco and Elly."

We head out to the car and drive to the local vet. After getting stubborn Coco inside we wait to see a vet. I hope she doesn't have something seriously wrong with her. We didn't get her that long ago and I'd hate to think she's seriously ill.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get back into the car and Louis cracks up immediately. I watch him have a hysterical laughing fit as he leans on the steering wheel. I whack his arm and he sits up, wipes the tears from his eyes and composes himself.

"Sorry." He coughs. "But this is so funny!" He smiles. I shake my head and Louis starts to drive. Coco is having six puppies. Six tiny dog babies! I cannot believe we didn't think of that ourselves. Sometime at the beginning of October we will have six puppies in our house, along with two dogs.

Want to hear what Louis is hysterical about? The puppies are Barnabes. They puppies are going to come out with issues like Barnabe. I swear, he is the dumbest dog on the planet. He runs into the wall when he tries to go through a door! Who the hell does that, apart from Louis who has done it a few times. Well, I guess it's father like son, in a way.

"Want to see Dani and Zuri?" I ask Louis as we come towards their street. Louis agrees and pulls into Dani's driveway. She bought a small house instead of her apartment. The apartment wasn't really suitable for a baby.

We head up to the front door and I pull the antique door knocker back and forth against the door. I hear footsteps and soon the door is opened to reveal Dani.

"Eleanor! Lou!" She says cheerfully. "Come through." She says. I follow Louis and the dog through and down the long hallway. "And Coco is it?" Dani laughs a little. I nod and roll my eyes. Dani laughs and we head down into the living area.

Louis puts the dog into the backyard and Dani comes in with Zuri. She is seriously beautiful! She'd be about five or six months now and has Liam's coloured hair, but it's curly like Dani's. She has Dani's smile and head shape along with her skin colour but definitely has Liam's eyes.

"Hey Zizi!" Louis gives Zuri a better nickname than our dog. Dani hands Louis the baby and then makes us all a cup of tea.

"We should have one of these El." Louis bounces the baby on his lap. Dani and I freeze and look at him a little shocked. Um, I'm not ready for a baby yet! Not for a while. I prefer to do things a bit slower.

"One step at a time please Lou. We're not even married yet!" I reply, a little shocked he said what he said.