Chapter 11- The one going home

(Y/N) POV

The fall break flew by and it was almost time for winter break. During that time though, me and Sabo had been having a hard time finding time together alone. It was never just us. It was us and others. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends but me and Sabo just want a little alone time.

     " Stop moping around." Ussop said grabbing my attention. We were currently in our art class.

     " I'm not mopping around." I say somewhat lying.

     " Your such a bad lire." He spoke under his breath but I was able to catch it.

" What are you talking about? Your a worse liar than I am. Mr. my goldfish ate my art supplies." I reply with a sly remark.

" Hey! My fish really did eat my art supplies!" Ussop says trying to defend his terrible lie. I only chuckle at him feeling less blue.

     " Well anyway, today is the last day before the break starts." I say with a cheerful smile. Ussop smiles back knowing the same feeling I'm having.

     " It's going to be an even better holiday for you because the great Ussop is staying in town." The reason Ussop has to stay in town is because he is adopted and has no family to return to. He might not show it, but he was never adopted as a kid and it really hurt him.

Some of my peers thought it would be nice for the ones not leaving campus this year for Christmas should meet up at the park for Christmas Eve and hang out. Some even brought presents to exchange.

     " Hey (Y/N)! Come check out the skateboard Ace got me for Christmas!" Luffy shouts as excited as ever.

" Luffy you weren't supposed to open that until later." I hear Ace shout out but Luffy has already made his way towards me.

" Do you even know how to ride that thing?" I ask crossing my arms, but Luffy only smiles.

     " Sabo told me that you used to skate so I figured you could teach me." Of course Sabo would tell him that.

     " Fine but but I'm pretty rusty so I might not be as good as I used to be." I rub my neck in embarrassment. Luffy only ignores my uncomfortable setting and drags me towards the sidewalk. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sabo leaving.

     " Sabo where are you going?" I call out to him.

     " I figured everyone is going to get hungry soon so I'm going to go to the store to grab some snacks." I won't take long. He smiles before walking away.

I had finally taught Luffy the basics and he kept going in the street even though I had warned him that it wasn't safe.

     " Look at me (Y/N)! I'm doing it!" Luffy  shouts grabbing my attention. From the distance I saw a car coming his way.

     " Luffy there is a car coming." I call but he didn't hear me. " Luffy!" I call again but to no avail. Before I knew it I came running at Luffy to get him out of there.

      " (Y/N)!!!" Was the last thing I heard.

" Is she ok?" I hear someone ask who I assume is Sabo.

     " Yes, she's going to be just fine. She only needs some more rest." Opening my eyes I was met with blinding lights. Everything was a big blur.

" Look she's waking up!" I hear Ussop yell. My eyes start adjusting to my surroundings. Sabo rushes to my side helping me sit up.

" Don't work yourself to much." Sabo says.