Chapter Thirty Two: Like Blood in the Water in a Pool of Sharks

back and somewhat better. thank you for all the nice comments, it really made me feel better :) i almost cried, the comments were so nice and sweet. you are all amazing people ❤️

Y/n and Jack kept their guards on high. They didn't know when one of the Mocks would come out an attack.

"How many Spirits do you think he's mocked so far?" Jack asked.

"You, North, Tooth, the Bunny, and Sandman. Sandman must've been the first. . ." Y/n touched her chin, "But there's now way Pitch has the knowledge of Spirits like I do."

"You don't think he's made a mock of you?"

Y/n shrugged, "I was on his side just months ago. It could be possible, but I doubt it."

Jack nodded, and she suddenly started to have doubts. Each mock had opposite powers, or something along the lines of dark. If a Mock of her were created, it'd be able to bring things back, or to, life. She swallowed. Jack looked at Y/n.

"You alright there?"

"Y-Yeah, just fine."

"You scared?"

"I'm not scared!" Y/n crossed her arms as her hood fell over her eyes. Jack stopped her walking by putting his hands on her shoulders. He bent down.

"You can tell me anything, ya know. If you're scared, it's fine." He smiled something sweet, and brushed the hood away from her eyes. She was blushing.

"I was just wondering whether or not Pitch made a Mock of me. . ."

"You think he did?"

"No. . ?"

"Then he probably didn't." He went back to her side and they continued walking.

Silence.

Y/n became on edge, she could sense Jack's tension too.

"It's too quiet." He whispered.

"You think?"

They continued walking for maybe an hour or two, and they saw nothing but a mine, wheelbarrows full of black substance.

Jack and Y/n decided to take a break.

"Flying would've been easier."

"We'd be easy to spot, too. . ." Y/n looked at him. They sat down against a piece of wood. Jack was fidgeting. Y/n couldn't help but remember her friend-zoning him. "So. . ." She began, "What did you have planned?" She hoped Jack was thinking the same thing.

"Candle light dinner, maybe."

"Maybe?" Y/n raised an eyebrow. She smiled, imagining it.

Jack spotted her smile, "Ohohoh, you wanna get a rein check on that?"

She blushed, and wiped away her smile, "What makes you say that?"

"You were smiling." He teased. Y/n shook her head with a small groan.

A high-pitched shriek made both Y/n and Jack jump.

"Is that the Grim Reaper and Jack Frost?!"

They both stood up, gripping their weapons and their guard on high.

"This is soooo cool! I can't believe this is real!"

"What do you want?" Jack asked.

The girl-ish voice gave a loud, dramatic gasp, "Are you asking meee?!"

Y/n gasped, and whispered to Jack, "She's a Pishacha. . . Don't move. . ."

Pishaca were a species of spirit found mainly in India. They're flesh eaters, and they appear to have bulging veins, and protruding red eyes. They also had pitch black skin. If it was Mock, Pitch must've made them charismatic creatures, rather than their horrific selves. Confusing that this one has a high pitched voice, then. Charismatic?

Jack and Y/n stood frozen still.

"Hmm?? What is this?" The Pishaca gasped, "Are you guys ignoring me?!"

They continued to be silent.

"Damn it!" The Pishaca screamed, "The Grim Reaper and her stories! How could I forget. . ?" Smacking. "Stupid! Stupid! Stup-id-!" It groaned, then with a sly voice, said. . .

"Warm, soft skin for dinner, and nice, cool skin for dessert. . ."