Vanessa

It could have been so easy. To just sit still, and ignore my stepmom, Vanessa. But today wasn't just any normal day. Today was my mom's death anniversary. The second Vanessa smacked the back of my head I twisted around, rage in my eyes. It didn't hurt, but I was mad. I grabbed her arm and nearly ripped it off as I threw her at the floor.
"YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME, BITCH? HUH?" I screamed at her, a hint of growl in my shaky voice.

Her eyes were filled with panic as my foot ground her head into the disgusting white patterned tiles of her kitchen. She flailed her arms, but she was weak, being the type of woman who didn't think muscles were ladylike. I knew it would take her a good thirty seconds to get up, so I grabbed a chair.

I heard some ribs crack when I slammed the chair legs into her chest.

When I was done, she was unconscious. I stared at her for a moment as the coolness took over my body. I stared at her body. Her chest heaved shakily.

Fuck...

There were twenty minutes before dad would get home. I yanked on my shorts made of sweatpant material, and my muted red t-shirt with the white neckline and sleeve hems. I dug around Vanessa's coat for a wallet. I grabbed my phone and a charger and dashed out the door into the warm spring air.