Chapter 36

I cut the engine when I pulled into my driveway, and took the keys out of the key switch. I opened the truck door, and stepped out, shutting it behind me. Jayce climbed out next, growing to his full height. He walked towards the house as Harry and I went to get our bags. I stared after him, a vacant expression on my face.

"He's such an amazing brother isn't he?" I asked sarcastically, reaching in the back of the truck, grabbing one of my suitcases, and hauling it over the side of the truck bed.

"I wouldn't know. I don't have a brother." Harry said, grinning at me.

"Not technically, but you have four best friends, and you are a brother." I got my other suitcase, and my duffel bags, and situated them so that I could carry all of them at once. Harry grabbed his, and we started towards the front door.

"Jayce, hold the-" He shut the door. "door. Ugh! Jerk face. I walked up to the door, and dropped one of my bags so that I could turn the door knob. I picked my bag up, and grunted as I forced myself, and all of my luggage through the door. I heard the door shut behind me, assuming Harry had shut it after following me in. I walked into the kitchen to see Jayce dipping himself a bowl of my cookies n cream ice cream.

"Yo! Skank! Why you eating my ice cream?" I shouted. He didn't even look up at me, just grunted as he scooped another frozen spoonful of the cookie filled ice cream. If I could have, I would have placed my hands on my hips, and stared at him while thinking of something to do to him, but I couldn't. I also didn't need to. I dropped my bags, and lifted my foot up off the ground, bending down partially so I could reach it. I ripped it off, and lobbed it at his head.

It smacked him in the head, and dropped on the side of his bowl, catapulting his spoon across the room, before dropping to the island. He looked up at me, and I raised my eyebrow.

"Why did you do that?" He asked.

"Why are you eating my icecream?" I retorted. He only shrugged, and sat his bowl the right way before going back to dipping more icecream into the bowl. I walked over to the fridge, smacking him in the back of the head as I passed him, and picked up his spoon, throwing it in the sink. I heard Harry snicker. I picked my bags back up, and continued down the hallway to my bedroom.

I opened the door, and trudged into my room, going over to my closet, and dumping my bags down in front of it. I sighed happily as the weight left my shoulders, and turned around to face Harry. He was standing awkwardly in my doorway, as he looked around at my bare lime green walls.

"I know." I said, looking around too. "It's a bit naked. But it wasn't like that before. I need to put my posters back up. C'mon, Curly. Don't just stand there. Come on in. I won't bite."

"Are you sure about that?" He asked, winking at me, and giving me a cheeky grin. I rolled my eyes, and walked over to shut the door as he came all the way in. He put his bags down, and looked around.

"You can sit down." I said, pointing to the large bed, covered by my turquoise satin bedspread. He sat down, and watched as I walked over to my closet, and began moving my bags to get to the posters laying in the bottom of my closet. I pulled them out, carefully unfolding them. I went over to the glass heart shaped container I kept my thumb tacks in, and grabbed a few, putting the plastic part between my teeth as I positioned one of my posters, and tacked it to the wall.

I turned around again to grab another poster, and get some more tacks, and came face to face with Harry, a poster in his hand, and the container of thumb tacks in the other one, smiling. I took the poster, and smiled as he held up a thumb tack. I took it, and positioned it to the wall. Harry followed me around my room, handing me posters and thumb tacks so I could put them back up.