5

He watched her waltz around the conference, chatting to whoever approached her. Things had been tough between Elle and himself and right now she was exactly what he was looking for. "Did your mother never tell you staring was rude?" She looked, taking a seat. He coughed a little sitting up straighter. "Sorry." She simply nodded pursing her lips as she sipped the wine.

"Jacob Masters." He smiled moving to shake her hand, she looked to it, before meeting his gaze "Connie Beauchamp." She replied, once again taking a gulp of the wine. "I've never seen you, what is it you do?" She asked "Nurse at st.James, however a transfer would be amazing." Connie nodded looking to the window, "A Nurse at an event like this?" She questioned, "The doc couldn't make it, I promised to take notes." She hummed, "Well maybe stop staring at me and pay some attention." She replied before getting up to get another drink.

"Here let me." He smiled, ordering his own, "You really don't have to." "I don't mind." He smiled, paying for the drinks. "So what is it you do?" "I think you may be the first person to not know who I am." He chuckled softly, "Go on." "Cardiovascular surgeon, now clinical lead of Holby ED." He nodded with a small smile, "So you're the boss lady?" "Something like that." She smirked before someone else began chatting to her.

He spent sometime away from her, but his eyes always lingering. As the conference came to an end he was quick to dash to her, hoping nobody had got her first. "What a surprise." She eyed, he chuckled, "How about a drink?" She looked around before simply nodding, "Just one." He nodded with a smile.

One drink lead to many more and before either of them knew it, their lips were upon each others as he fumbled to find his key card. Once open, she pulled off his top as he lifted her up a loud giggle leaving her lips as he sucked upon her neck, moving her to the bed.

She lay silently that morning, listening to him talk to what could only be his wife. "Connie I can explain." She shrugged, moving to dress herself, "We- I assumed her and I were over, we are over she's just- we have a little girl and I'm staying for her." When no response came he moved his arms around her, "Last night was amazing." He kissed her neck, causing her to smirk, if this is the last time I'll see you, once more, Hm?"

She watched him sleep, writing her number down on a napkin, she kissed his cheek before leaving him not a clue as to where this would end.