10

AN:I've just gone back to college so updates may be a little slower as this term is going to be a busy one, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and new year!

"Where is it you're sleeping then?" Charlie asked, Jacob looked "Just an old friends." He smiled, "Course it is." Elle muttered, "Grow up Elle." He sighed, wandering off, Elle soon following. "What old friend?" "It's got nothing to do with you Elle." "It does when my daughter stays there." "Our daughter." He spat, "Now go and work Elle." He sighed, getting his things from him locker, "Where are you going?" She frowned, "my shift has finished and I don't have to answer to you."

"Hey you." She smiled as he stepped into the bedroom, his smile widened as he saw her sat applying her male up in just her underwear and her hair in rollers. "You okay?" She added after his silence, "Yeah... just admiring the view." He smirked, she rolled her eyes as her cheeks turned crimson. "Pack it in." She eyed through the mirror. He chuckled softly, grabbing the towel she'd left out for him, watching him wander into the bathroom.

She had placed the radio on while he was showering, soon to finish her makeup she moved to find an outfit. She settled on a black jumpsuit, that dipped at both the front and back. She turned her head to look at him as he came back in, a towel round his waist. "You sure you're okay? We don't have to go to dinner." She spoke gently, "We're going to dinner." He looked seriously, "Course I'm fine." She moved closer, "You don't seem it." He sighed "It's just Elle, she needs to get over it now but she won't." Connie looked sadly, placing her hands on his chest. "I'm sorry." She breathed, "For what?" He asked, their eyes locking. "I forced you into making a decision." He shook his head, "I should have made this decision years ago, but I was too weak." He sighed, "You were doing what you thought was best, for you and your daughter. You can't be blamed for that." He placed a tender kiss to her head as he exhaled, Connie simply moving her arms round him.

"Yes?" She eyed as she placed the wine glass down, "You're so bloody beautiful... why did you ever let me use you like that?" He groaned, she went quiet not knowing how to answer. "Sorry." He breathed, sitting up more. She simply smiled taking another swig of her wine. "So what made you want to be a surgeon?" He asked, she shrugged "I don't known really, I just stumbled upon it." She spoke softly, he nodded with a smile "What about you?" "My mum was a nurse before she was ill and well I guess I followed in her footsteps." She smiled gently with a little nod.

They spent hours that evening talking, he chuckled slowly to himself as she lay asleep, her head on his lap and his fingers tangled in her hair. "You really are something special." He whispered, carefully moving himself free so he could lock up and take her up to bed. "Jacob." She croaked, "Shh, I'm just taking you to bed." "You don't regret it... any of it?" She asked quietly, he shook his head, kissing hers. "Not ever." She smiled burying her head in his chest, letting her eyes grow heavy once more.