Chapter 5 - Dragons and Her Touch

PASSING A CLOSED off area (which had light coming out) Raven heard the distinctive voice of Ryder. How it was distinctive and how she knew it was his, she didn’t know.

But she could definitely say that something bad was going to happen. A sickening twist of her stomach told her she might need to help later on.

So she grabbed her mask – which was similar to Cat woman’s but without the ears – and placed it upon her face. Then grabbing her backpack which was stashed with ‘weapons’ she placed it on her back.

On her belt was a secret zip wire which could be shot out the removable buckle part. Strapping the buckle to her wrist she angled the shot to a chimney and out the spike went.

Pulling on the wire – to check if it was tight or not – she pressed a button on the belt. This button slowly gathered the wire together so it made it easier to climb. Placing both of her hands on the wire, Raven walked up the wall and onto the roof.

Unhooking the spike she let it slot back into place on her wrist buckle and observed the situation. It seemed as if some money was going to be exchanged to Ryder for something. Raven couldn’t tell what was being exchanged – as all she knew was: it was in a briefcase.

Then looking around she saw several eyes.

A gang.

People were hiding in the shadows and Raven automatically knew what was going to happen. Glancing back at Ryder’s stiff back she placed the spike in the chimney again and walked down the wall – but only half way.

Raven on her way up saw a light switch (one which was a Bluetooth light switch) and put two and two together to see the switch controlled the high rise lighting in the area.

Grabbing a small device Raven carefully scanned the switch and looked at the screen. When the screen flashed Raven walked back up the wall and behind the chimney.

That device intercepted the connection, and any connection, and can allow Raven to control the lights.

As the exchange happened and Ryder got his briefcase of money, Raven noticed two men begin to stride forward – and towards Ryder. Acting quickly Raven switched off the lights but kept her eyes on the two men.

Being an agent many a time she had to survey a dark area and that let her eyes get adjusted quickly. So, Raven could see the men had stopped moving and commotion arose as people tried to find the light switch.

Raven then quickly slid out two hand knives. Angling her hand she aimed at the two men’s hearts and using the space between each finger on her hand she threw the knives at the same time.

Pressing the button again she let light flood the room again.

Murmurs arose at the sight of two men and Raven saw how Ryder, finally, noticed that there were many men surrounding him. Impressively – for an amateur – Ryder kept his cool but did not move his position.

Then Raven spoke up.

“Let the boy go, and I’ll do the same for you.” She said in a loud and clear voice. Many gazes swung to hers at the sound of her voice and then she jumped off the roof.

No, she didn’t die! She’s a professional agent and assassin!

She flipped down to the ground and landed gracefully on a forward roll and then her two calves – one in front of the other.

Standing up, Raven let her big hood obscure people’s sight of her face. Then she slowly raised her face and the person who did the deal with Ryder met her gaze.