Chapter 1

Avalon's POV

New city. New school. New friends. It isn't easy for me. I may seem like a normal girl but I am far from it. I'm one of those people who hide all of their hurt and pain inside them. Putting on fake smiles to make people assume you are alright. But in reality you aren't. It's hard to understand my feelings unless you are going through them yourself. Sometimes I feel as though I haven't found the people I am supposed to be with. Not necessarily in a romantic way but in a friendship way.

So far the day at school has been exactly like I imagined it would be. Going to classes and getting weird looks because of the color of my hair or because I actually try in classes. You can't really blame me for wanting to succeed in school. I am in my Junior year and need to start thinking about colleges. I'm looking to hopefully get into a great college but I have to fight with my mom constantly on what I want to do. My mother has always been telling me that I should be like my older brother and become a doctor. I'm just not into stuff like that. If I had the final say I would go to college and major in music so I can work in the music industry one day. Music is my life. Keeps me grounded.

When lunch came around I didn't really have a place to sit. I guess I have to actually try and make some friends. I saw a guy with brown hair and some glasses that looked amazing on him sitting all alone. I guess it would be safe to go talk to him. Slowly, I started walking towards him but apparently he had the same idea as me and started towards me. We came face to face and it seemed like he wanted to say something but was afraid to. "Your glasses look fucking amazing on you." I said to him but immediately regretting it.

"Your hair is amazing. Definitely have to be brave to do a color like that." I gave him a look that said thank you. "Why are you all by yourself?" I asked being my curious self. "No one really understands me or actually tries to understand." I felt like I should listen to his story. It was the least I could do. "Well sounds like me. My story is one that takes forever to tell and nobody takes the time to listen. I'm Avalon by the way." He gave me a look of sympathy. A look that I hate getting. It makes me feel weak. Like I create a pity party. "Ashton. I have time. I hate people who don't care for others that have had a rough time. It's disrespectful and rude." I thought about the words that just came out of his mouth. Does he have the same problem? Nobody listens to him.

"I would love to tell you my past but I don't think we have enough time right now." His face went from looking sympathetic to disappointment within a few seconds. I felt bad but I can't fit it all in this small amount of time. When I looked up at him, his face lit up like he had just thought of a great idea. "You are coming to my house after school. No arguing." I wanted to argue but believe it or not, I kind of wanted to go. Get away from my parents.

"I will see you then. Meet me right here?" He thought about it for a minute and was about to speak but the bell cut him off. I started to walk alway but he grabbed my arm and turned me around. "Right here. See you later." I gave him a small smile that genuinely meant something to me. Maybe just maybe, this will be something great.

**********************

New story! I promise that I am 100% dedicated to this story. As most of you that have tried to read the stories I use to have, I have the same co-writer! She is amazing and we plan on making this story awesome!

Love you guys!

~Beka 🙈💕