●Part 1●

It was a quiet day in the palace, due to the fact that King T'Chaka and Prince T'Challa were away on business, and with them gone the only people that were here for me to serve were Princess Shuri and Queen Ramonda. Queen Ramonda had already eaten for the morning and went to her chambers to watch the news, keeping herself updated on her husband and son. Princess Shuri was probably in her lab working on another project and wouldn't be out until this afternoon so I decided to go back to my own chambers until needed.

I walked down toward the east wing, which is where all the help stayed, in their own rooms of coarse, and finally stopped in front of my door. I twisted the knob and entered my room. Although I had stayed in this same room from the time that I was 13 until now that I was 19, I didn't have many personal items to decorate the room. Instead of pictures and posters, my walls were bare, and the only color in the room came from my burgundy bed set, that laid neatly on my queen sized bed. I enter the room and close the door behing me before stripping from my traditional servant uniform and tossing it on the bed. I might as well wear a potato sack to work, because the fabric was so unflattering on me that I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't marry until I was 30. I sighed in relief as I took the ponytail holder from my thick 4C hair. Although, when straightened, my hair was well passed my lower back, I hardly ever took heat to it, so it barely went passed my bra strap, choosing instead to puff out around my shoulders and face.
I moved over to my wooden desk, that was located on the other side of my bed and pulled open one of the drawes. Retracting a jar of black castor oil, I rub some on my fingertips and then work hair product into the roots of my hair. I had only been massaging my scalp for a minute or two when I heard a loud banging on my door, making me jump for a second, having been startled. I settle down, and try to still my rapidly beating heart as I quickly rush to the door. I pull it open and there stood Kali, the head servant, with tears streaming down her wrinkled face. She grabbed me by my wrist and although I was only clad in a pair of black leggings and a long sleeved undershirt, she pulled me quickly down the east wing and toward the west, where the royals resided. I was terribly confused and a little scared, having never witnessed this strange behavior from Kali. I didn't speak up still surprised and confused by what was happening until we were right outside of Queen Ramondas chambers, I could hear muffled sobs from inside so I looked to Kali for answers. Grabbing her by her frail shoulders and looking into her distraught green eyes, which contrasted beautifully with her coffee bean skin.
"Ms. Kali, what is the matter?" I asked her seriously, afraid of her answer. Through her tears I could see her shock, and although she looked a wreck she found it within herself to scold me. She opened her mouth and released her angry response.
"A day that our King and Prince leave Wakanda and you cannot find the time to watch the news, child? What is wrong with you?" She frowns as she says this and I resist the urge to roll my eyes, knowing that now was not the time. She sighs in obvious disappointment, but continues.
"There was an explosion at the signing of the accords, Amare." She whispers. I can feel my face drain of color and my mouth runs dry. She continues shakily, through a cracked voice.
"Our King, King T'Chaka has passed."
What?
●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

How was the first chapter? Leave your thoughts and opinions please, I need criticism.