Chapter 182 - Good Morning

Seiji had a good discussion with Shika after she finally calmed down.

There were some personal belongings Shika needed to retrieve from her temporary apartment, and she also needed to cancel her rental contract there. After that, she would also gather some of her belongings from her permanent apartment before moving in.

Seiji wanted to help her move, but she refused politely.

"My belongings... there's actually very few that I need to keep. Just myself will be enough for moving."

This sentence gave Seiji a subtle heartache.

But since she had already spoken, it was difficult for him to insist.

Shika needed to say farewell to her past life. If he was by her side at that time... it wasn't impossible, but it seemed that she wanted to do so by herself.

She needed to say farewell to isolation and walk towards the future. This was her ceremony.

"Alright. I'll bring you to your apartment and talk to the landlord about renting a large apartment," Seiji told her. "I'll be waiting for you."

Shika revealed a beautiful, sweet smile from the bottom of her heart.

"Okay!"

After making their decision, they notified Mai and made preparations to leave Natsuya's residence.

When Shika was captured and brought here, all she had were her Spirit-branded Retainer combat clothes.

Now that she was leaving, she also wanted to take her sketchbook as well as the notebook containing her story ideas.

Seiji merely packed up his clothes and other limited luggage.

They found the maid Mai after finishing their preparations.

"Houjou-san, thank you so much for taking care of me." Shika bowed politely in thanks. "I'm going to leave now, and I'd like to take these two booklets with me... is that okay? And as for the clothes I'm borrowing... I'll wash them properly and return them later."

"No need to be so polite, Kagura-san." Mai smiled gently. "Of course you may take the booklets with you. There's no need to return those clothes; just treat them as a gift."

"Thank you..."

"No need. Do allow me to be a gossip and inquire, though: what are your plans after this?" Mai asked as she looked towards the younger girl.

Seiji inwardly thought to himself that this situation had made an alarming turn.

"I... intend to live together with Brother Seiji," Shika answered in a soft voice, her face flushed as she looked at the boy beside her.

Mai was rendered speechless at this answer.

Suddenly, Seiji sensed a terrifying aura emanating from the maid!

He'd anticipated that things would develop in this fashion and could only smile wryly.

"Junior..." While Mai's smile didn't change, her entire aura had transformed completely. The terrifying Mai slowly turned to look in Seiji's direction. "Could you please give me an explanation of what this is about?"

Just what would happen to him if he refused?

Well, Seiji wasn't so suicidal as to refuse the "Smiling Executioner."

That's why he informed her about the situation as truthfully as possible.

Mai's terrifying aura gradually disappeared.