New In Town

I take a deep breath, I am all packed with my bags in my hand. Moving to a small town sounded good after being alone for so long. I am at the entrance of my new home of a town. WhiteChapel has a sort of distinctive power over it and considering my background is supernatural, a little magic will be refreshing. I wait quietly at the greeting sign: Welcome to WhiteChapel- The World's Most Peaceful Town. Not believable to me, when things are too quiet that's when you have to watch out.

I try to gather my confidence. What do I have to worry about anyways? People will love me at the toss of a hat, they can't help it. I won't even have to lift my little finger. I take my first step into the small town of WhiteChapel and a wave of energy hits me and I smile at the renewal.

I pull the slip of paper out of my pocket and begin to walk as I carefully and observantly read over the address for the thousandth time. I stroll down to what looks like a florist's shop to ask for directions.

"Um..."I say in a sweet, naive voice. "Can you help me? I need to find this and I am new here." I pass the paper to the clerk who smiles at me, dazzled by my aura of magnetism. But I try to keep it short and clear.

"Yeah, yeah! That's down a couple blocks and turn right it's about the fourth house on the block, it's a long block though. It's in walking distance from the high school. I can give you my number if you need anymore help." He winks.

"No thanks. I should be good for now. Thank you anyways, sir." I call him sir to keep things formal although he's only about a year or two older than me. He fixes his hair and practically climbs over the counter to shake my hand. I give it a quick, friendly squeeze then I turn around to leave. I walk out the door to be tapped on the shoulder by him.

He hands me a rose, "You know where I work so stop by anytime." I nod and leave. As I walk down to my house I can feel people gape at me in awe. It gets annoying after awhile when you can't do anything without getting hit on or followed around by a new fan club who doesn't even know your name. Still, I continue on towards my destination. Soon I am at the intersection of the road I am trying to find. I turn down the road and count down the addresses as I walk. AH-HA! There it is; my new, old house. This house must be at least a century old, that make me like it better. I only saw a picture of it and I fell in love with it, but it looks even grander in person!

I climb the stone steps of my new abode. I unlock the door and grasp the knob to push it open. It looks older on the inside than the outside. And man does it smell like mold! I set down my luggage and sleek back the hair on top of my head. I put my hands on my hips while I contemplate my surroundings. It's definitely a fixer-upper. I'll have no problems with that though. It's too late to go to school today, they're about to get out I bet. I will tomorrow. I have to unpack and get settled in. But I do love school, the whole socialization and learning thing is marvelous! I jump at the chance to learn new facts, I especially love math! That's where I shine. I want to make true friends this year, not heart-struck fans. Oh, the idioticy I have seen people go through just to gain my attention! I do hope I'll find people who aren't affected by my being. Ones that will stand up for me and help me through hard times and never leave my side, ones that are honest and fair. Like the friends I see in movies. But I am too hopeful and I know I'll never be able to have things in life like that. Although I yearn for such love and affection from human beings that is unconditional and unfathomed. My wishes are too large for my life. How I curse my background!

I shake those thoughts out of my head as I turn around to retrieve my belongings. I don't have much, but I still have to unpack. I find the master bedroom is upstairs which is fine to me, but that surprises me because architecturally the master bedroom is commonly placed downstairs. Like me, the house isn't average. This place is furnished with antiques that I quickly become fond of. I dress my bed in silver satin sheets and a blue comforter with sparkling rhinestones in-crested in it's pattern. My pillows are solid midnight royal blue with silver embroidering. I fold my clothes and neatly place and organize them in the bed's matching chester drawers. I examine myself in the vanity. Breathtaking, sometimes I wonder if my looks overtake myself. I pull my hair to behind my ears and I slump into the coordinating blue armchair. I can definitely get used to this place. I am shaken by the sound of a truck pulling away, that must be my food shipment.

I race down the stairs to the door. I swing it open to find two huge boxes. I stack them on top of each other and pick them up to carry them. I can barely see over them and I fear that I will crash into the door frame, so I take it slow traveling to the kitchen. I put the heavy shipments down on the mahogany table. I wipe my brow although I didn't break a sweat. I rip the packages open with my bare hands. Canned foods I place in the cabinet and the boxed and bagged foods are organized and place into the cupboards. I toss the empty boxes out in the rubbish bin on the curb and place the lid back on it. I finish up unpacking and place the final touches of pictures on the end tables in the living room. I blink as the walls turn from a damaged off-white to a creamy cafe brown. Fixing this place will be a breeze. When I can I like to do things manually, but my weakness to use my magic capabilities come when I'm tired or things seem too bothersome or messy. The living room should be a darker shade of brown to go with the rouge sofas. Perhaps a burgundy? I twirl my finger trough my hair as I watch the brown paint switch to burgundy. I add molding boards with roses carved into them. The floor needs to be polished, done. Rouge curtains? Check! The kitchen/dining room shall be cream with white curtains and a gold light fixture. My bedroom's floor already matches the ash tree furnishings. The wall is now the hue of blue it needs thanks to me. I make the master bathroom beige. The downstairs one is very purple and I think I'll keep it that way...

But the other two bedrooms must go, the colors purple and yellow clash and orange isn't my color. I decide on a deep, soft green fir one and maroon for the other. I am not a fantastic interior designer, but at least I'm decent enough to realize what goes and what doesn't.

I turn in for the night after a long, eager day.