f i f t e e n

zach smiled to himself as he walked through the door of his grandmother's house.

"hey, i made some cookies, they're on the counter" she said from the living room.

"okay" zach responded as he sat his bags on to the ground near the wall so his grandma wouldn't trip on them.

he stared blankly at a gray cat sitting on the stairs, tomy was five years old and has hated zach since his grandmother had brought him home.

zach didn't like tomy and tomy didn't like zach, it was a mutual feeling.

zach ignored the cat and walked in to the kitchen.

"how was your day?" she asked as she stood beside me, rinsing out a red mug that was once holding tea.

zach took a bite of one of the chocolate chip cookies before replying with, "good, how was yours?"

"good, did you have practice tonight?" she asked as she glanced at my bag on the ground.

"yeah" i said as i thought about jonah giving me a piggyback ride when i said i was tired.

i smiled at the thought.

"zach you're red, are you becoming sick?" my grandmother asked before planting her hand on my forehead.

"n-no i'm fine" zach mumbled as he pulled away from her touch.

she stared at me for a second as she leaned against the counter, "so who is she?"

zach began to cough as he choked on the second cookie he had been eating.

the only person aware of zach being gay, is his grandmother; who is she?

she patted zach's back, "what's his name?"

"jo-" zach cleared his throat, "his name's jonah."

his grandmother stared at him, "does your mother or father know?"

"no and i'd appreciate it, if you didn't tell them either...for all mom knows is he's a friend" zach mumbled.

he knew is grandmother wouldn't tell a soul, that's something zach loved about her.

"the offer still stands if you wanna move in you know" she said.

zach nodded, she had told him that many times and zach would always say no, but he was actually interested in the offer this time.

"can i move in to the guest bedroom?" he asked.

"of course, you can tell your mother that i'm getting lonely or some stupid shit like that" she chuckled.

zach smiled as a big white cat rubbed up against his leg, anastasia was a three year old pregnant fluffy cat.

right behind her followed, holly; a stray calico that my grandmother rescued four months ago.

his grandmother was a cat lady; she fed the strays out on the porch every morning and night.

she had five of her own running around the house.

tomy, ginger, anastasia, holly, and lucas; they were all different breed and were all rescues.

ginger was a small tabby, a runt; she was zach's favorite.

"in some way, he related to the small cat."

feedback?

this is the new cover