t w e n t y

"jonah, i dated your younger sister" zach said in front of the bathroom mirror.

esther grace was right, he deserves to know.

"i dated esther grace when we were younger" zach said as he stared at his reflection.

"i dated-" "zachary dean! jonah has been down here for ten minutes!" his grandmother snapped.

zach quickly flung the bathroom door open and ran in to his bedroom to grab his book bag, and then he pretty much flung himself down the stairs.

like literally he tripped on his book bag strap and fell half way down the stairs.

"g-good morning" zach said awkwardly as he stood up and walked the rest of the way as if nothing had happened.

jonah and his grandmother were laughing while sitting on the couch, "a-are you o-okay?" jonah asked through his laughter.

the audacity of these bitches.

zach glared down at the two and muttered a quick sarcastic, "i'm great."

"zach i bought some gatorade, it's in the fridge" his grandmother said, "would you like one jo?"

they both had nicknames for each other, "sure" jonah said before going in the kitchen with zach.

"are you sure you're okay?" jonah asked as he held the refrigerator door while zach opened the gatorade packages.

"yeah, red or blue?" zach said, "red" jonah said and zach pulled out two red gatorades.

jonah took the red gatorade and walked towards the door, "bye granny herron."

"bye jo, have a good day at school" she smiled and jonah was out the door.

zach scoffed, "bye granny herron" he mocked and his grandmother mocked back, "bye zachie pooh."

his face scrunched up from the nickname, "grandma don't call me that!" zach said before he went out the door.

his grandmother chuckled as she sunk in to the couch.

"zach i have a confession..." jonah said as the two laid in the cold grass staring up at the stars.

zach didn't take his eyes off the stars, "i might have one myself."

"you wanna go first?" jonah asked and zach sighed, "okay."

"so it was a few years ago but," zach started and he focused on a bright star as he said, "i dated your sister."

the air went still and jonah asked, "oh so soccer for five years was a relationship?"

"no, summer camp, two years ago sparked a relationship" zach mumbled expecting jonah to be madder at his confession.

"how long did y'all date?" jonah asked, "six months in private since she wasn't allowed to date back then."

jonah seemed to fall silent, "if i'm being honest i was expecting more of an reaction; such as you being madder."

"eh it was two years ago and it's obvious you're gay so why would i be mad?" jonah asked as he glanced at zach.

"um i started dating your sister when i knew i was gay and i broke up with her without an explanation?" zach said as he rolled on to his side to look at jonah.

jonah stayed still, "damn, that is shitty, why'd you start dating her?"

"i needed a girlfriend to convince my homophobic dad that i was straight" zach explained.

"oh your dad's homophobic, is that why you moved in with your grandma?" jonah asked.

"kinda, i didn't come out i just made up some bullshit about her being lonely" zach said.

it went quiet once again as if jonah forgot about his confession as they stared back up in to the night sky.

"okay now what's your confession?" zach asked tired of the silence.

"i never had to convince my parent's that i was gay."

feedback?

damn, i bought some new vans but school don't start back up until thursday how tf am i suppose to flex-