fire started in me

Novas breath hitched in her throat. The nickname Billie kept calling her made her heart jump. "Hey Billie." She said, waving as Billie walked over and hugged her brother. Novas blue eyes followed the girl, taking her in as she moved. She was beautiful and it struck Nova hard. She hadn't been this intrigued in a girl, no.. anyone ever. And to know she sings and has a beautiful voice on top of that, it was just a shock.

Finneas hugged Billie and grinned. "We found our new crew member. I'm guessing you've already met?" He asked, his hand reaching over his sisters shoulders.

Billies eyes moved to Nova as they released from the hug. "I may have saved her Doritos." She said, laughing at the memory.

Finneas nodded. "Well, good thing you guys hit it off, because she'll be with us for a few months while we're on tour." He said, giving Billie a shove before smirking and walking away from the girls.

Nova stood there awkwardly for a minute before blurting out her thoughts. "You didn't say you were a singer. Or famous at that." She then quickly bit her lip to stop the words from continuing.

Billie laughed, shaking her head. "That's not exactly how I want to start a friendship." She said before rolling her big blue eyes. "Hey, I'm Billie Eilish. I have a bunch of famous friends and I sing and tour the world. How would you like to use me for your advantage?" She mocked.

Nova sighed. She never thought of it that way. It must be hard to find true relationships when you've become well known and famous. "I didn't think of it that way. Well..." she paused before letting out a giggle. "If it makes you feel better, I didn't know who you were right away. And if I'm being honest... I barely know you now. I just know of you through friends." She shrugged.

Billie laughed. "I'm glad. It makes it easier to know that you took this job for legitimate reasons and not to use me to get where you want." Her eyes looked sad, as if she was remembering past experiences.

"I'm a broke bitch. I took this job to not be a broke bitch." Nova laughed, shrugging. "It's just a bonus that my new friend comes along with the job." She said, poking Billies arm.

The two girls were pulled out of their conversation by Mike. "Nova... I need you to come fill out this paperwork and then we can get on the road."

Nova smiled to Billie. "I guess I'll be seeing you soon." The small girl waved and walked away to go sign the next few months of her life to these people. She just hoped this was a good choice for her life.

Once the paperwork was all filled out and legitimate, they loaded the few suitcases Nova had into the tour bus and the crew were on their way. There was only a few who toured. Mike, Billie, Finneas, Maggie, who was Billies mom, a couple sound techs and then security was always in a car behind the bus. And now Nova. Maybe this was going to be the new family she so desperately needed.

When Nova stepped into the large tour bus, everyone was quiet. By this time, it was 11pm and most were trying to sleep. So she decided to take the time to send a text to Brett.

BBY
Hey bby. I just wanted to tell you that I took an unbelievable job and I'm gonna be gone for a few months. I'm not going to tell you what until I know how it's going to go. Please be happy for me. And keep an eye on my parents.

Love you forever.
xo

She hit send and climbed up into a large chair next to where Billie was asleep on a couch. She scrolled through her Instagram and checked into all the people she followed. Maybe she should update the gram on her new journey. However, she didn't want to make it public because of all the unknowns. And she didn't want all the attention that would come with being around Billie.

Her eyes moved over to the sleeping girl next to her and her heart fluttered at the sight. She was just so naturally beautiful, and talented. How did she ever get a chance like this? And why was the world cruel enough to make her be interested in a straight girl. Billie moved in her sleep and Nova went back to her phone. Posting a photo to vaguely update her profile.

brett_brown, angelbaby12, katiekat and 139 others liked this postSuperNova well, took a leap

SuperNova well, took a leap. Hope it takes me somewhere amazing. Peace out San Diego ✌🏻
View all 67 comments
brett_brown omgggg bbyyyyy! I'm finna miss you! Texting you back right now!
katiekat where are you going Nova?
jamesssssssss hit me up when you come back 😍

Nova rolled her eyes at the quick interest in her photo. If only they really knew the truth. She felt really unsure of everything but she had nothing to fall back on and this was a chance of a lifetime and she needed to take the risk.

Her phone went off and she switched from Instagram to her texts.

BBY
love! Where are you going? How long will you be gone? When will i see you again? 😭😭😭

Nova sighed, replying immediately to the text.

BBY
I can't tell you much right now. Just know I'm safe and my life could change from this. I don't know when I'll be back, but I'll FaceTime you in a couple days once I get settled in. Love you. I need to sleep.

😘

"Is that your boyfriend?" A voice spoke up next to her.

Nova was startled from the phone and she jolted her head up. "No, no. It's Brett. My best friend. He's all I have and I needed to tell him I'd be gone for a while."

Billie looked at her, slightly annoyed. "Did you tell him where you were going? What you were doing?" The annoyance was clear as day in her voice. Nova figured she thought that Nova told him all the information so he could blow up the internet with it.

Nova shook her head. "No I told him I was safe, and I was going to be gone for a while but that I'd call him in a few days."

Billie smirked. "You'll be safe with me Shorty." She said, reaching out and grabbing her hand. "I promise, you'll have fun. I'll show you so much cool stuff. And I can't wait to get to know you, honestly."

Nova could feel her heart trying to pound it's way out of her throat. "Same. Can't wait." She said with a blush. And she couldn't wait to spend all her time with this new and beautiful person. She hoped to learn so much from her, and about her.

Nova squeezed her hand and then yawned. Billie laughed. "Take a nap. We're only going to Orange County so it's not too long to drive. We have an interview tomorrow, and you'll be harmonizing with me." She said, letting go of Novas hand and giving her a dazzling smile before getting up and going towards the back of the bus.

Nova laughed nervously. Great. Now she definitely wasn't going to sleep.