Hunk

The world is a scary place, filled with stuff you'll never see coming. You've thought about your future I'm sure, what you plan on doing with your life and where you want to go. The journey to those goals is what will stick to you when you do finally make it, what you've had to endured, what you've had to sacrifice. Every opportunity has its cost. There will always be something that will catch you off guard, like watching the ones you love grow old.

"I've honed in on a location!!!" Coran yells at the top of his lungs. One by one, everyone runs onto the front deck. Eager to know where their friend is, to know if he's okay. Hearts are pounding, hands are shaking, stomachs are in knots. "It looks as if Hunk is in the fifth quadrant by the Acidic Asteroid Belt, we'll probably have to jump over there but once we do, we'll have to lay dormant for a while to charge back up. That being said, we won't be able to land too close to that belt, in fear of impact of loose asteroids." Coran says with urgency in his voice.

"Let's do it!" Lance steps forward, he's been worrying non-stop for Hunk, that vision of his lion embedded into his brain. He needs him to be okay, he wouldn't know what he would do, if he wasn't.

They make the jump successfully, scrambling to their lions, for the first time, four out of the five Voltron lions, fly out together in unison, racing towards the vast asteroid belt, they each spilt up, to find Hunk and his lion. Keith easily flies through the belt, weaving in and out of the maze of rocks.

Lance moves through the belt almost as easy as Keith. All those months of keeping up with Keith and his habits of flying in rough places has paid off. He pushes his way through the belt, with this gut feeling to go farther and farther in. As if something is pulling him in, he closes his eyes, his mind drifting from the fact he's driving, his hands on the steering, letting his instincts take over, he feels blue purr as she connects with him, in his mind....or maybe you can even say, in their mind, he sees Hunk, he's not too far away. Just out of reach.

"Lance? Where are you?" he hears Keith call out. He ignores it, and continues to focus on Hunk, he needs to save him, everything that he has been through, this shouldn't be a problem, "you need to be careful, Lance! My scanner is telling me that you're really far into this belt." Keith warns.

Lance grits his teeth, why doesn't Keith trust him? He's been there through everything with him. He can do this, he knows exactly what he's doing! Lance tries to shake off his aggravation, he shakes his head, as he does this, he comes to the realization that he's lost the feeling for Hunk. He opens his eyes, he scans the space in front of him.

"DAMMIT!" he yells.

"What?!" Keith immediately replies with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Is everything okay?" Shiro and Pidge ask at the same time.

"It's fine, I thought I had found where Hunk was but..." he sighs, "never mind."

The group continues to search, Keith decides to fly towards Lance, still afraid to be too far away from him. He doesn't want to lose him, he can't imagine going through that stress again. To ease his anxiety, Keith weaves in and out of the asteroid belt and catches up with Lance. He's flying fast, dangerously fast, almost as if he doesn't have any sense of well being for himself or his lion. Keith doesn't say anything but keeps the pace. Flying like this isn't a problem for Red, it comes naturally, but Red is giving Keith signals that she's concerned for their safety.

"Hey, uh, Lance? We should slow it down, it's getting really......" he trails off as the thick patch of rocks abruptly disappear and in their wake is an open field of fire. Keith's stomach sinks, he doesn't even know what to say. His hands tremble for a moment.