build up to the VMA's

Mia's POV:
It was VMA'S day. I was out of the hospital and I was ready to go. I'd been told I could do the show and I was over the moon. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I had to sit out of my own strong performance. I was going to do God is a woman and a couple others.
I had a full woman orchestra and all lady dancers. As much as I loved Frankie and the twins I needed to break stereotypes just for this one show. They would be dancing with me for my others songs, but God is a woman was a performance for all the ladies in the world. Me and Marcus woke up super early and I was rushed down to the studio. I wasn't the only one there. Many more celebrities were there getting hair, makeup ad costumes done, as well as having rehearsals. I didn't want to see anyone until the night. I wanted it to be a surprise for me.
'You excited Mia?' My stylist asked me, measuring me one more time whilst my makeup artist finished up my makeup.
'I've not been more excited in days.' I laughed.
It took hours to get me ready and Marcus wasn't allowed anywhere near my dressing room the whole time I was getting my makeup done.
'Please let me in.' He begged from outside.
'Sorry lover boy, there's no room.' My makeup artist shouted.
'What's gonna happen anyway? Mia will be performing like 5 songs depending on how many awards she wins, which I'm sure will be all, so does she have new costumes for them all?' Marcus asked.

'Yes I do, and they're a surprise for you.' I laughed.
'Come onnnn, does Harry get to see?' He Asked.
'Harry's in here.' My cousin shouted from besides me.
'Racism.' Marcus muttered.
'Do not pull that card.' I laughed. When I was finally ready I was hooked up to all of the mics and cables.
'Mia, are you ready to come down for your rehearsals?' My producer Shouted. I hopped out of my chair, kissing each and every member of my team as I did so. I opened the door to see Marcus sat on the floor against the wall and my producer sat besides him.
'What?' I laughed.
Marcus looked up and his face was in admiration.
'You look so pretty.' He beamed.
'Thank you, come with me.' I Said grabbing his hands and pulling him up.
'Are you sure I'm allowed?' He winked.
'Ugh come on.' I huffed pulling him with me. My dancers were on point and my voice was doing really great.
'Can I ask how your doing that?' Trent Asked In confusion.
'What?' I Asked weirdly.
'Your singing perfectly laying on the floor, the table, laying upside down and everything.' He Laughed.
I finished my fifth and final song and there was a round of applause from everyone in the room. I grabbed my drink from the stage and went to sit on the edge.
'You've got this.' My manager smiled high-fiving me.
'Now I just need her to win all of her awards so that we get to listen to all of these bomb songs with the dancers and her surprise outfits she's not showing us.' Kyle Laughed.
'How long until people start to come in?' I Asked nobody in particular.
'Four hours.' My producer Replied.

'That's ages and I'm hungry.' I moaned laying down on the stage.
'Bib!' Kyle Shouted and I laughed. He mocked my manager and my makeup team because whenever I was dressed they forced me to wear a bib so that I didn't get food or drink  on my costume. It cost millions of pounds so we couldn't afford to spill anything down it. I had the bib, but I also had my nuggets so I wasn't really fussed. By the time I was finished the countdown had already dropped to three hours.
'Mia, some more people are coming down to rehearse, is that ok?' My producer Asked.
'Yeah I'll head back, I want it to be a surprise, I don't wanna see anyone until tonight.' I Smiled standing up.
'But you need to rehearse with me tho right?' I heard a familiar voice from behind me. I stood up and ran at Nicki who was stood smiling in the wings.
'I missed you so much!' I squealed. Our song turned on and she smiled at me pulling me onto the stage with her. We bossed our rehearsals and we were both almost dying by the end of it. She pulled me into the tightest hug and I smiled more than I'd ever done. She went to speak to Marcus whilst I caught my breath. Trent came to sit besides me and he wrapped his arm around my neck.
'How are you feeling?' He Asked.
'I'm excited, at least there won't be many fans in here, it'll mostly be my fellow singers and bands and stuff. That puts me at ease abit.' I Smiled.
'Everyone loves you.' He Smiled.
'Thank you Trent.'

@MiaKane

@MiaKane: yeah it's an all girls show, yeah I love every single one of them and you bet I'm gonna promote equal rights until I die

@MiaKane: yeah it's an all girls show, yeah I love every single one of them and you bet I'm gonna promote equal rights until I die. 5 costumes, 5 songs and 5 amazing dance routines. Hope your ready VMAs ♡
View all 11.3m comments
@JustinBieber: be ready!
@Panic!AtTheDisco: your show looks more exciting than ours, and Brendons attached to safety ropes..
~so not true! You always have the best sets
@Rak-Su: rakia Kansu
~I ship
@M.O: tonight 🤟🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻
@DeleAlli: can't wait!
@ChantelleRashford: I'm performing!! Eeeek hope to do you proud❤️
~you always do me proud, your the best♾❤️
@MarcusRashford: so proud you don't even understand, keep doing you mami and do yourself proud as technically this is your last show of tour. I love you
~don't make me cry! I'm gonna miss tour but I can't wait to be back with my family full time. Thank you papi, I love you 😉
@HarryKane: queen with a mic
~king with a football
@England: we're in the audience
~yess I'm so happy! Get in there Gareth mate!!!
@ManchesterUnited: thanks for the tickets, were here supporting 🤟🏻🤟🏻
~see you out there M💙
@TrentAlexander: can't wait to see my baby slay it again
~can't wait to make my baby proud
@KyleWalker: DONT FORGET THE BIB
~OH MY GOD KYLE😂😭
@BriLoveLife: enjoy your special performance and I can't wait till we're finally allowed to dance with you again
~Bri I never kicked you out, but yeah, I will 😉😂❤️
@NickiMinaj: can not wait to perform yet again with my baby
~I'm so excited and I'm so proud of all you do🥰
@Nonna: I'm proud of you and me and Mum cannot wait to be a part of this
~your my favourite ladies. All mums done for me, filling a big hole in my life, you deserve to be a part of this. Thank you ladies❤️get glammed up and I'll see you tonight