Chapter 10

"Queen of Hearts main vocalist, Baek Ji-Woo, 21 years old commits suicide at her home."

"Queen of Hearts have been around for 6 years, can this be the end?"

"Legendary girl group Queen of Hearts have not spoken out about their band mate's sudden death. We're all equally devastated, we lost an angel today."

"EXO, TVXQ, Super Junior, f(x), SHINee, Girls Generations and also Big Bang, iKON pay their respects."

The moment we step out of the funeral hall, we were all greeted by flashes from the cameras. I held the two girls arm tightly and kept them close to me as they're sobbing their eyes out.

I feel so numb and empty. I want to hug Ji-Woo so bad but she's not here, anymore.

"Ji-Woo unnie!" Soo-Jin cries out for her, she fell onto her knees. "Soo-Jin ah." I let go of Chae-Won and help her up. "I got her." Tae-Yeon stands by Soo-Jin's side.

The boys push the coffin into the van, Lee Teuk opens the door for us. He has been crying too. She was loved by everyone in the company, you can't possibly hate her for her bright personality. How can I not noticed her pain?

1 week later

Our contracts is up. The management suggested to include a new member which we did not want. We can't continue this without Ji-Woo.

Chae-Won will join the variety show department in SM and Soo-Jin will be doing musicals and dramas.

And I will have a break.

We announce our disbandment a week after Ji-Woo's death. We issued a letter out to the public saying we're sorry. The fans are devastated.

But we're holding a concert for them one last time. This concert will be dedicated to Ji-Woo, a lot of artists will be making appearances in the concert as a tribute.

Queen of Hearts were nominated for numerous award shows this year. It's the last time we will be seeing our name on the big screens. We won't be attending the award shows together anymore, I will be the one representing.

I am not a leader anymore, I am a solo artist and it saddens me every time.

Ji-Woo left a letter for all of us, one for the fans, one for Super Junior, one of TVXQ, one for EXO and one for Girls Generation.

I haven't read mine, I can't even touch it.

"Noona, was that right?" Baekhyun looks at me.

"Sorry?" I look up at the boys. Despite the fact that I will have a break, it's a few months away from now. I have to stay in the spotlight for awhile but I can't bring myself to focus.

Jun-Myeon sighs, "go home, Ji-Yeong ah."

Jun-Myeon have it tough. I didn't sleep well for the first few days that Ji-Woo was gone, I didn't eat well either.

I lost one at first and I lost two more after.

"I am sorry, you boys take a break first." I announced. Tao comes forward and sit next to me, "take a rest at home, please." He says as he picks up his bottles of water.

"I would if I could." I answered, I have been helping the new rookie group Red Velvet too. They are training into dawn, it's going to be hard for them for now but they will be successful.

Tao shakes his head, "noona, I am leaving." He then announces.

"I know, I heard from the management." Tao raises his head at me with a small smile on his face, "do what makes you happy." I put my hand on his shoulder, "you too, Noona. Visit me whenever you're in China." He smiles at me.

"I will bring Kris and Luhan to come see you too." He then added.

"That will be nice." I nod my head. I then look at the boys who don't know what's going to happen to their group.

I will miss them so much, as much as I miss Hangeng and Kibum from Super Junior. I miss Jessica who left Girls Generation. I miss Sulli too... I hope they're all doing well, especially Ji-Woo.

Min-Seok drove us to dinner, songs that are written by me were being played on the radio but people don't know that, I am credited by artists but not the public.

I silently cried while sitting in the passenger seat. We got off the car, Jun-Myeon sticks really close to me as this is my first public appearance since the funeral.

All of us sat down and I immediately took out a CD. "What is this?" Chanyeol looks at the CD cover.

'Queen of Hearts Demo'. The band name was cancelled out and changed to EXO.

"There's a few songs that I wrote that is for the 7th album—"

"Noona, you should use it for your solo album." Sehun stated, pushing it back to me. "All the songs written are to be sang in a group. I sang the demo for the girls to listen.... But you boys... Do it well." I push it to Jun-Myeon.

"We will, noona." Sehun nods his head, "thank you." Chanyeol smiles.

"There's a few rap verses in there." I then added. "I will help you guys with the choreography too—"

"Okay, enough of work." Jun-Myeon cuts me off, "we will decide on the day itself okay." He hands me the menu.

"What other songs have you given off?" Min-Seok ask.

"I gave one to Urban Zakapa, a few to you boys, Eddy Kim and Lee-Hi." I answered. The boys then furrowed their eyebrows, showing me the same expression. "What?" I look around the table.

"So most of them is ballads." Min-Seok points out, "you boys have beautiful voices, you boys will do it well." I stated with a small smile.

"I won't be releasing an album anytime soon anyways, I have been active for 6 years." A sudden wave of sadness came over me, "it's time for a break."

"I broke up with Jun-Ho." I then say, making everyone look up from the menu. "When?" Jun-Myeon eyes widened at the shocking news.

"Last night." I murmured.

"I don't need someone who gets annoyed when I need comfort and assurance."

The whole night we were arguing, scolding me about Min-Seok and I being so close to each other. I spend the whole night explaining that there is nothing going on between us. All the boys comforted me with hugs and their love while... Jun-Ho didn't. And I needed him the most.

There's where the relationship ended.

I lost so much in such a short time.