Chapter 4

a week later

"Queen of Hearts' 4th album, Yours Sincerely is out now everywhere!"

"Yours Sincerely by Queen of Hearts is now the #1 Album in South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, China and Singapore."

"Wholeheartedly by Queen of Hearts is #1 song in 11 countries!"

"Catch Queen of Hearts live on Saturday at 7pm."

The girls and I hangout in the dressing room, waiting for time to pass as we finish rehearsals and sound check early.

"Eomma~" Soo-Jin walks out of the room to talk to her mother. She calls her mother daily because she misses her everyday. How I wish I can hear my mother's voice again.

"Abeoji." Ji-Woo stands up from the couch, I stood up and bow formally to Ji-Woo's father. "Abeoji, have you eaten?" I ask, pouring him a cup of water.

"Yes, have you girls eaten? You all look so skinny." Ji-Woo's father took a seat on the couch. "I can't get fat, no matter how hard I try." Chae-Won sulks.

"Ji-Yeong, can I speak to you for a moment?" The producer step into the dressing room with a clipboard and his headphones on his head.

"We were looking through the rehearsal footage and we realise you're out of sync. You need to show us once more." Manager Cha says, keeping her phone in her back pocket.

"Sure." I nod my head and went up on stage. "Sorry boys, you need to get off the stage for awhile." Manager Cha says to EXO.

"Hyung!" I light up at the sight of Jun-Myeon. Finally, their debut will be in about a week's time. Their album is also coming out in a few days, I am so excited for them.

"Oh noona!" Luhan bows, "good luck for your show later." He smiles brightly.

"Gomawo." I wrap my arm around his comfortably, "how do you guys find the stage?" I ask.

"Well, we have to get used to it." Min-Seok speaks informally with me. "Why are you talking like that to her?" Manager Cha furrows her eyebrows at us. "It's okay." I let go Luhan's arm and grab Manager Cha's, "I will see you boys later."

The boys got off the stage and I stood in position, "okay music cue." Manager Cha nods her head.

It's rare that I make mistakes. We hardly make mistakes so we won't get punished or having to do it again.

"Please maintain it that way." Manager Cha says after the song ends, "prepare for showcase." She points to the dressing room.

I let out a breath of relief and walk down the steps. "Are you nervous?" I bump into Min-Seok taking a cup of water from the drinks station. "Yeah." I murmured.

"We will be around till you perform so your brother will be around, does that make you feel better?" Min-Seok raise his brows at me.

Jun-Myeon has never been here to watch my shows live before, this would be the first time if he stays. I don't know if it has the same effect as my parents do but he's still family. "I guess." I shrug my shoulders.

"I will see you later, hyung." I flash a small smile at Min-Seok and left to the dressing room.

I got my black hair straightened and have makeup on in an hour. I then changed into my outfit that matches the girls.

The 4 of us walk towards the interviewing platform and I stood in the front with Ji-Woo.

"Annyeonghaseyo, we are Queen of Hearts!" We made hearts with our arms. I will normally make the heart with Ji-Woo and Chae-Won will do it with Soo-Jin. It's our greeting.

"Oh~ I haven't heard that in a year." Shindong MCs our interview. "Soo-Jin ssi, how do you feel about this album's come back?" He passes the microphone to Soo-Jin.

"I am so excited, Ji-Yeong unnie and Ji-Woo unnie, they wrote one of the songs together." Soo-Jin answers with a sweet tone.

"What track is that?" Shindong ask, "what is it?" Soo-Jin looks to us. We burst out laughing, "yah, how can you not know?!" Ji-Woo snaps at her.

"The song that they collaborated on is called A Piece of My Heart, Ji-Woo unnie was heartbroken-"

"Yah, don't spout nonsense!" Ji-Woo almost cursed at Chae-Won.

"Okay... Ji-Yeong ssi." Shindong turns to me, "how do you feel about the comeback?"

"I am so excited, majority of the songs are produced and written, your sincerely by me." I wink at the camera, "do anticipate more of Queen of Hearts this year, we have a lot in store for you Aces." I then say calmly as my members quarrel behind me.

Manager Cha is going to scold us for this but she's used to it.

I nudge Ji-Woo lightly in the arm and she turns to the camera.

"We are the one and only, Queen of Hearts!" We bow politely.

"Yah, how can you all quarrel on camera?" I turn to scold them, "you see you took away Ji-Yeong Unnie's spotlight!" Ji-Woo scolds the younger ones.

"Girls, the microphone is still on." Shindong notifies us, "ah hyung, why didn't you say earlier?" I frown at him.

"You girls are scary." Shindong shakes his head at us, "you girls need to be on stage now, please." Manager Cha rushes us.

We got into our positions, our fans (Aces) turn on their their lightsticks. The whole studio lights up with red, I like to call it the bloody ocean but it's too brutal for the fans to hear. Chae-Won likes to call it period but that don't matter.

I stand in the front and put a smile on my face.

"Ji-Yeongie," Jun-Myeon whispers. I look down and found him standing behind the cameraman, "eomma, appa isn't here but... They're in our hearts."

His words made me laugh, "Jun-Myeon ah! You can't be standing there." Min-Seok quickly calls him over.

I look into the camera with much more confidence this time.

ji-yeong 🤘🏻 : are you back home

jun-myeon ✌🏻 : yes, you did well tonight

ji-yeong 🤘🏻 : gomawo hyung, i will see you tomorrow night

jun-myeon ✌🏻 : 🙄 oppa ! o-p-p-a

ji-yeong 🤘🏻 : hehe

I closed the message app and press the phone app.

Calling Jun-Ho 💓...

"I watched your performance." Jun-Ho answers my call sweetly, "you did good and you looked so pretty."

"Gomawo Oppa". I can't help but smile through my tears.

"Why do you sound like that?" Jun-Ho's tone is filled with concern.

"It's hard." I curl up by the windowsill, "I miss parents so much." I muttered.

"Ji-Yeong ah..."

Jun-Ho spent the whole night trying to stop me from crying. Nights like this makes me fall in love with him more.

[A/N] :

Lee Jun-Ho from 2PM looks like this 😻