chapter one

i didn't expect myself to move in with my brother and 6 other grown men. i was surprised i actually agreed. it's just that i was moving back to korea for the first time in almost 3 years. during that time, i had only seen my older brother twice.

all of my friends were surprised i was moving back as well. they thought that i loved staying in l.a., but really, it was like a living hell. without my brother there to comfort me, i felt alone and like i didn't fit in. i missed his bad puns, his way of making me feel happy, his goofy smile, and my best friend. i just missed him.

this was probably why i was so nervous to see him again. my airplane had just landed in seoul, and i was waiting to get out. the line to get out of the plane crowded the aisle. i had the unfortunate seating arrangements in the very back row, so it seemed like i had to wait 5 hours to get out.

when i finally did, i walked as fast as i could to the baggage claim. i saw my suitcases almost immediately, and snatched them from the swift carousel.

i dragged my suitcases over to one of the large columns near the wall. i was about to pull my phone out of my pocket to text my brother, but i heard someone say my name. looking up, i saw my brother, choi youngjae, rushing over.

i left my bags at the column and ran over to him, almost tackling him with the strong force of my hug.

"i'm so happy to see you!" youngjae mumbled.

"i can't believe that i'm finally back," i reply, letting go of him. i looked up at his face, hidden by the mask and baseball hat he was wearing. even though it seemed a bit much, he needed to wear them. my brother was one of the singers in the kpop group, got7.

youngjae grinned at me and asked where my luggage was. i lead him over to it and we each took a bag. he put his arm around me as we walked out to the parking lot.

"where's the car?" i asked, looking around as i started walking down an aisle of cars.

"wait, come back," youngjae said, laughing. "the other guys are picking us up. they said they went to get some food and they'll be back soon."

i nodded and pulled on my sweaters sleeve. i thought about meeting youngjae's friends. i'd heard about them from youngjae, and seen them in their music videos and stuff, but i would be meeting them for real this time.

what if they didn't like me? what if they got annoyed? would they like me living with them? would they actually be my friends?

all these questions and more flooded my mind. i looked up and noticed youngjae smiling at me.

"are you worried to meet them?" he asked, knowing what i was thinking.

"yeah, i don't know that they'll like me," i said, shrugging my shoulders.

"seriously, ji-woo, they'll love you. i bet one of them will have a crush on you," he replied with a grin.

"oh come on, youngjae, that's so middle school," i laughed and hit his shoulder.

"oh, that's them," youngjae said as he pointed to a big car pulling up to the sidewalk.

i grabbed my suitcase from beside youngjae and moved to put them in the back of the car, but someone hopped out of the car and put them in for me.

"hello! i'm jackson," the person said, grinning at me.

"hi, i'm ji-woo," i replied, waving to him.

"come on, woo, get in the car," youngjae called, already sitting next to bambam and jinyoung.

i stepped up into the car, and jackson followed. i sat down next to yugyeom. mark and jaebum were in the front two seats, with mark driving.

the first few minutes of the car ride were pretty awkward, with everyone else talking to each other, and me just sitting there. youngjae spoke up and drew the conversation topic to me.

"yeah, ji-woo is kind of quiet when you first meet her, but just wait, she's going to be screaming her lungs out by the end of today," he said, looking back at me and grinning.

"bet," was all i had to say.

everyone else laughed and bambam asked a question, probably to try to get to know me.

"so, ji-woo, what kind of music do you listen to?"

"well, i like alternative, i think, and i listen to some kpop," i replied, not sure how to respond.

"what kpop groups do you listen to?" he asked.

"uh, mainly bts, blackpink, red velvet, you guys, and some pentagon," i said.

"so you listen to our music?" jackson asked from beside me.

"i mean, yeah, my brother's in your band and you make good music so it's a win-win," i replied, smiling.

"sick," bambam said. "do you have a bias in any of the groups you listen to?"

"yeah, um, in bts, my bias is jungkook; in blackpink, my bias is lisa; i don't have a bias for red velvet and i think my bias in pentagon is either yeo one or hui, but i just barely started listening to them," i replied.

"but, what about got7?" he asked. i was expecting this question.

"uh, well, i'd probably have to say youngjae, cause he's my brother," i replied, trying to hide my answer.

"but if you had to choose one of us that wasn't your brother," he said, smiling.

"well, you see, it would be either you, jackson, yugyeom, jinyoung, mark, or jaebum," i said, grinning.

"bro, what, no, you can't do that," bambam replied. "you just named everyone else."

"and..?" i replied, smirking,

"and no," he said, pouting.

to be honest, my bias was bambam, but he didn't need to know that. nor did anyone. and, i liked him.so, just another fact that the world didn't need to know. but, what luck should i have that i get to stay with the very man i like. no, i'm not lucky, and no, i don't think i'm going to survive this.