Part 21

Laksh opened the door to find his wife against a wall and Prakash leaning on her trying to kiss her. That sight made him feel his inner beast come outside. He took heavy steps towards them and pushed Prakash away from Ragini, making him fall on the ground with thud.

Laksh's rage filled eyes met Ragini's scared eyes. His body immediately calms down while Ragini felt relief fill in her chest. Her eyes welled up with tears. She wanted to say something but she couldn't say. Words got blocked on her throat. She expressed how she felt before he comes through her eyes, through her tears, through her sobs. Looking at the woman, who loves him so much than anyone in this world, her tears, her sobs, her pale face, makes him feel like he failed to protect her. Those tears were like dagger to his heart. It hurt him. He moved his hand to cup her chin and brush those harsh tears off her soft skin but before that he heard a chuckle behind him. He saw Ragini's eyes widen in fear.

Gone was his calm posture. His beast side took over him. He turned around to beat the shit out of him but got frozen feeling the cold metal on his forehead. Gun. Prakash smiled evilly and said "It's not a good way to come inside a house Mr. Maheshwari. And it's even more wrong when you enter invading the privacy of coupleswho are engaged in intimate work." His words sent disgust shiver to Ragini making her clutch Laksh's shirt in her fist. Those words and Ragini's reaction made Laksh growl at Prakash. But he didn't mind it and continued saying "You are always coming in between us. Whenever I tried to get close to her, you just come in between us out of nowhere." He then pushed the gun more and got close to Laksh with intimidating stare. He clenched his jaw and spoke through gritted teeth "How dare you to threaten me? The great Prakash Malhotra." Ragini got confused and looked at Prakash through Laksh's shoulder. Prakash glanced at her and gave her a maniac smile and said "Oh baby doll! You don't know that right? Well let me reveal it to you now. You remember that day when I introduced you to your husband as my project manager?"

Ragini looked on remembering that she got her first kiss on that day.

Flashback...

Prakash was looking towards the direction where Ragini had gone. She didn't return for a while and that got him suspicious. He then decided to check her if she is alright. He went towards the ladies restroom and suddenly stopped walking seeing Laksh coming out of it. Laksh noticed Prakash and went towards him with grim expression on his face. He stopped infront of her and said "I don't know if you know this or not but Ragini is my wife. So stay away from her." Prakash chuckled and asked playfully "Is that a warning Mr. Maheshwari?" Laksh smirked and said "Consider whatever you like... a warning or a threat." His tone became serious like his face. He continued saying "So stay away from my wife and keep your playboy charms with yourself. That will be good for you and your business." He looked directly in his eyes and corrected his blazer and walked away from there. That's when Ragini came out.

Flashback ends...

Ragini was amazed to hear it. Prakash was sending glares to Laksh while he was returning it back to him. Prakash gritted his teeth and said "Today once for all, I am gonna kill you and make Ragini as mine." With that he coldly looked at Laksh and suddenly chuckled evilly. He said "Where should I shoot first? The cunning brain, that was thinking of something to escape from me and punish me. Or the heart, that was beating for my Ragini. Where? Tell baby doll!" He looked up at Ragini who was having terrified look on her face and winked at her. Suddenly he aimed Laksh's forehead and said seriously "I am gonna shoot this brain first. Nothing should exist in this world that was thinking to go against me." With that he pulled the trigger...

Laksh closed his eyes waiting for the impact. But before the bullet could touch him, he was pushed to the ground. He heard three shot sounds followed by a loud gasp and horrified scream. But still he didn't feel anything. He frowned and looked up only to find Ragini collapsing on the ground infront of him while Prakash stood frozen on his place. Suddenly Laksh's world filled with silence. He couldn't grasp the situation. He didn't even realize that the receptionist along with some police had already arrested Prakash and some shouting to call ambulance. Laksh's eyes didn't move away from Ragini. He saw blood oozing out of her soft skin, from her forearm, from her chest, from her shoulder. She was gasping for air. Her eyes were trying to shut down but she fights it knowing that if she closes now then it will forever. She was happy that she saved her Laksh. Happy tears formed on her eyes. They slowly moved down her cheeks. Her eyes were desperately looking at Laksh who still didn't move from his paralyzed state. She slowly lifted her hand which was not injured and signed his to come near her. That was Laksh came out of his dazed state. "Ragini..." He whispered in a small voice.