Part 23

"Arjun Mehra, speaking" Arjun said while answering the call that was supposed to be Sanskar's but he passed it to him. On the other side it was police officer informing him that "Prakash Malhotra had escaped, sir!" Arjun's anger reached its peak immediately and shouted "WHAT THE HELL?" While that officer replied "Please calm down, sir. Hear me out. He had escaped while we were taking him to the station. He escaped by killing 2 officers and injured others with a gun. We tried to call Mr. Laksh immediately to inform him about this but we couldn't reach him. So we called Mr. Sanskar's. Please be careful. He, maybe, will try to reach you people. So we are sending protection..." Before he could finish, Arjun cuts the call fuming in anger. More than anger he felt guilty, guilty of giving the hands of an angel to a devil. But he knows better, it's not the time to grieve. He should do something to protect everyone from that psychic monster especially Ragini.

That's when he remembered doctor coming out of room while the call came. So he immediately went inside and found just Maheshwaris sitting with a grief look on their face. His heart forgot to beat for a second. He badly wanted to know what had happened. He found Uttara standing in a corner and crying her heart out. He rushed towards her and grabbed her by shoulders. She looked at him with tears rushing out from her puffy eyes. His heart broke at that sight. "Uttara!" he called her by her name and asked "What happened? What did the doctor say? Why are you crying like this? Is... is Ragini alright? S-she made it, right? I know she is a fighter. She may look like a weak one but inside she is the strongest. I know she will be back. She deserves happiness. She loves Laksh. Her love brings her back, I know. She..." His blabbering was stopped by a sudden slap of Uttara. "Stop" She muttered in a broken tone. That tone made his already panic heart to beat abnormally. "Uttara, just say what happened?" He literally begged her. Words failed to come out of throat. "Bhabhi... she...she..." She managed to say and then shook her head indicating that she is no more.

Arjun took a step back in shock. He suddenly laughed and said "You are kidding, right?" He expected to see her face break into a mischievous grin. But instead he saw her let out a sob and cry badly hugging him. At that moment he felt like he failed in everything. He just felt like the worst human on the world. He just wanted to punish himself for not being with her when she needed him. His heart begins to feel heavy because of the overload pain. His eyes filled with unshed tears. Her smiling face, her sweet voice calling him "Ajju", her cute pout, her irritated face, her angry face, her tears and everything came infront of him. Finally that tear fell down. He hugged back Uttara and cried on her shoulder while shaking his head in no and saying "That's not true. My Ragu is very much alive. She just can't leave me..." Prakash's vicious face came infront of his eyes. He growled internally and broke the hug. "This all happened because of him. I going to kill him.* He said through his gritted teeth. He immediately turned around and started to walk away.

But he was stopped by a soft hand grabbing his arm. "No Arjun. You can't go. I am not going to send you, not at this condition. Please calm down Arjun. You are still in shock." Uttara said in a desperate voice. But to her dismay, he pushed her hand away and turned to look at her. "Don't stop me." He said coldly and again walked away. Uttara didn't know what to do. So she immediately did what her heart said. 'Go after him'. She followed him and just in time, she took the passenger seat of his car. He noticed her but didn't say anything. He started to drive while saying "I know where that monster will be!"

Surprisingly the Maheshwaris were so busy in grieving, that they didn't notice them go away.

*************************************************************

A deep breath!

A beep sound of a machine!

Gasps and sharp intake of breath!